I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
What's up wid dis?
Posted by: David Norton (---.bna.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 30, 2011 08:58PM

Recently I was doing a search on Bing for my company name ,when I found this .
"To be rough or not - Rod Building
Dave Norton Millennium Custom Rods ... He writes for RodMaker and presents seminars at the International Custom Rod ...
www.rodbuildingforum.com/index.php??showtopic=27813"

Now I have never wrote anything for this magazine, nor have I done any seminar in support of this Expo.
I do not like my name used in such a fictitious manner. And I best not find out who is responsible for such libelous claims.
Could this get me banned from this forum ,one could only hope!

Dave Norton

Dave Norton

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What's up wid dis?
Posted by: Bob Riggins (---.200-68.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2011 09:56PM

I read the thread you linked to. The only person I could find referenced in this context was Ralph O'Quinn. Did I miss something?

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.26-24.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2011 10:48PM

The thread you linked is on a different site ... maybe you should ask over there.

Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: October 30, 2011 10:54PM

Here's what comes up on my computer.

"We are fortunate that one of the people involved in Boeing's testing all those years ago is still with us today - Ralph O'Quinn. He writes for RodMaker and presents seminars at the International Custom Rod Building Exposition each year. He remains a most interesting person to discuss epoxies and their uses with. He also wrote the article that has been mentioned here. Good stuff. Ralph is correct, of course, the forces we apply to our fishing rods generally aren't sufficient to really test even a fairly poor bond, but since it's so easy to do it right, why not?"

That said and seen, I am SURE its a conspiracy..........

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 30, 2011 10:56PM

Looks to me like the search engine took quotes from a page and mixed parts of them together. Seen this plenty of times. It give you small samples of the page. I guess you can go after Microsoft as they run bing.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2011 11:05PM by Fred Yarmolowicz.

Posted by: Mike Adams (---.dhcp.mdfd.or.charter.com)
Date: October 30, 2011 11:01PM

I too followed the link and it seems to me that your only problem is the guy that you see in the mirror. I see two things that you need to do at this point, man-up Buckwheat and write a sincere apology and then learn how to use the search engines to follow the links and investigate.

You're right about one thing though, you need some professional legal advise for "libelous claims" because you just made a very public and serious libelous claim.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: October 31, 2011 12:20AM

I'm going to assume that there is a hidden agenda here but I don't think that anyone is buying it. If there isn't than you should check things out before you start flying off the handle. I agree that an apology is due (from YOU)!! I doubt that this thread will make Dave Norton Millennium Custom Rods look very good!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 31, 2011 01:27AM

Sometimes people open their mouth when it is best left closed! Men and fish are alike, they both get in trouble when they open their mouths!!!

Posted by: Clyde Thomas (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 31, 2011 09:19AM

Could this get you banned from this forum? hmmmm, great idea.

Clyde Thomas

Posted by: Todd Kreikamp (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: October 31, 2011 09:29AM

Try Google.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 31, 2011 09:30AM

Funny, but I seem to fee that is what he wants. Why I don't Know. Being a writer for Rodmaker and a presenter at the Expo isn't such a bad thing. Unless there is a fence I forgot about.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 31, 2011 10:40AM

I have no idea what this is about, that post was in reference to Ralph O'Quinn. David is in error here but for the time being I'm going to assume he made an honest mistake.

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.sip.chs.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 31, 2011 11:30AM

Fred Yarmolowicz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks to me like the search engine took quotes
> from a page and mixed parts of them together. Seen
> this plenty of times. It give you small samples
> of the page. I guess you can go after Microsoft as
> they run bing.

This is exactly correct. Common sense isn't so common sometimes.

Look before you leap.

You to a search reply and decided to complain about without actually clicking the link to see what it read? LOL

Tom is right. I'm sure this is a simple mistake on your part. Slow down next time and search out all the facts before attempting to throw someone under the bus.

Best of luck to you, Dave.

Posted by: JIM MOWL (---.stat.centurytel.net)
Date: October 31, 2011 01:27PM

I agree with Tom. Seems David was on the defensive when he saw incorrect information attatched to his name and his business. Honest mistake and with all the identity theft going around it would be unnerving for it to happen to anyone. Could have been a little more tactful on the post but I get it. Not everyone is a computer whiz so not knowing why the information came accross as it did is an honest mistake in my opinion.

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.skylan.net)
Date: October 31, 2011 02:31PM

I think if he could put his signature down twice he could make other mistakes as well,

Why hope to be banned from any forum ?

The answer is simple, Just don`t log on.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Date: October 31, 2011 02:41PM

It appears there is a little more to this and I seem to be the object of David's unfounded and false claims - I can only assume that's why he posted a statement from another forum, on this forum.

Again, no idea how he made this mistake, but now that he should be aware that he did, in fact, make a mistake and issue false claims concerning it, it'll be up to him to sort it out.

Posted by: Ed Sabatini (66.232.107.---)
Date: October 31, 2011 02:57PM

Anyone that follows Milleniums Facebook page can see that this is not exactly the innocent mistake it might appear to be. Several there have been jumping on this forum and Tom for awhile with similar false claims. Not sure what the point of all this is, but I think David knew exactly what he was doing, just did not expect wiser minds to catch onto his game.

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.reliablehosting.com)
Date: October 31, 2011 03:07PM

Anyone can make a mistake. The important thing is to man up and admit it and make a public apology. If Dave does that then we will know this was just an honest mistake. If he does not, then we will know it was something else all along.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2011 03:09PM by James Newsome.

Posted by: Greg Marshall (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: October 31, 2011 03:53PM

It's obvious that David, as many, does not know how to interpret search engine results. He has copied and pasted the results in his post. The ellipses signify blips from the page/site being referred to and he has taken it as one complete sentence. Remember, search engines are being optimized to figure you out so they can market to you. So, results may show exactly what you asked for as well as some snippets buried in the site that loosely pertain to your search. A mistake of ignorance. I agree, an apology is due.

Date: October 31, 2011 04:54PM

I believe the point has been made. Let's back off and give David the opportunity to do the right thing. Thanks.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster