I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: What's up wid dis?
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: November 01, 2011 07:50PM

David,

You are the one responsible for the misrepresentation. Your name was not and has not been associated with my magazine nor my Expo, nor would I want it to be. If anyone should be upset, it's me.

You misinterpreted the search results text which include several key words. You wrongly assumed they ran together, which they do not. If you had taken a moment and actually visited the link listed, you would have seen your error. Instead you came here and made some insinuations that are patently false. Here is the post linked to from the Bing.com search engine. Please note that neither your name nor your business is mentioned anywhere in it.

"We are fortunate that one of the people involved in Boeing's testing all those years ago is still with us today - Ralph O'Quinn. He writes for RodMaker and presents seminars at the International Custom Rod Building Exposition each year. He remains a most interesting person to discuss epoxies and their uses with. He also wrote the article that has been mentioned here. Good stuff. Ralph is correct, of course, the forces we apply to our fishing rods generally aren't sufficient to really test even a fairly poor bond, but since it's so easy to do it right, why not?"

By combining key words from a search engine result, you've created something that does not actually exist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ken Finch (---.guardster.com)
Date: November 01, 2011 08:17PM

David, You plainly used your facebook page to make insinuations towards Tom and get your facebook friends to jump on your bandwagon against him. This isn't the first time this same small crowd has done this sort of thing. But Tom didn't do this. You did it. Here is the phone number for Bing.Com, 800-386-5550. Talk to them about it.

Ken Finch

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by: David Norton (---.bna.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 01, 2011 08:18PM

I did not combine anything, I copied and pasted exactly what I read on the Bing search engine.
And please be so kind as to not send me anymore emails,insinuating anything! I am way beyond
such childish tactics!

Dave Norton

Posted by: David Norton (---.bna.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 01, 2011 08:20PM

I did not combine anything, I copied and pasted exactly what I read on the Bing search engine.

Dave Norton

Date: November 01, 2011 08:22PM

That's the problem - you copied and pasted a bunch of combined key words and search snippets instead of actually visiting the link. For the last time, you have never and will never be associated nor linked to the magazine nor the Expo. It never happened, it does not exist. You misinterpreted the search results text.

Posted by: Ken Bonneau (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 01, 2011 10:07PM

Priceless

Three pages of nonsense revolving around a nobody who has supposedly been banned from a forum that he doesn't want to be associated with yet he continues to post about nothing at all.

HEY! Just received the latest issue of Rodmaker Magazine GREAT job, Tom. Excellent articles by Boyd Pfeiffer, Doug Hannon, Tom Kirkman, Kevin Knox and Ray Adams. Tom, the new full color format of the magazine is AWESOME and the content just keeps getting better and better. Thank you and all of your guest writers for delivering time and again the finest rod building periodical available to the rod building community.

Rodmaker Magazine, Rodbuilding.org and the only Annual Rod Building Expo - Created, developed and delivered by one man. How many other men have done more for the craft?

I say BRAVO and Thank You

Date: November 01, 2011 10:11PM

Thanks. Obviously, a good many people, such as those you mentioned and many others, contribute heavily.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 02, 2011 12:16AM

Ken , you trying to hijack the thread? Lol. Nice Post. Let's get back to rodbuilding. Soap opra is over.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Larry Damore (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 02, 2011 01:26AM

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: November 02, 2011 08:56AM

Thanks Ken for the mention! I am honored to be in the magazine and on the cover! Its an honor to be in the magazine! I am humbled.

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: November 02, 2011 03:10PM

I agree. Great magazine. I look forward to it every time. My Amish rod building buddy Roy has every issue in order in a file cabinet. When I go visit him and we discuss one aspect of rod building he always says, "hey there was an article about that in issue...". Then he pulls it out by memory. He would be a good one to ask trivia questions about RodMaker. He went to the Expo with me last year for his first time and loved it. He will be with me again this year and already has his room paid for (me too). I'm ranting, anyway, I think the mag has really helped me to grow as a builder and I bet many others could say the same thing. Keep up the great work.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.reliablehosting.com)
Date: November 06, 2011 06:43PM

One thing we know for sure. David came here with the intention of creating a stink about Tom and RBO. When he was proven to be totally wrong he refused to admit his mistake and would not apologize. That says all you need to know about Millennium Custom Rods! A person who creates a problem and then refuses to make things right when their mistake is pointed out to them is not much of a man or business person IMO.

Posted by: Ed Sabatini (---.guardster.com)
Date: November 09, 2011 07:32PM

Imagine how Tom must feel..... a no-name rod builder linking to his well known magazine and huge rod building event.

Date: November 15, 2011 01:13PM

Trust me, if I felt that David had made claims of being one of my writers or seminar presenters, I'd have gone after him via every legal means possible. However, I know how to interpret search engine results. Bing compiled several comments from the page and David simply misinterpreted them as all being part of the same paragraph. They weren't.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster