I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 9 Years
Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 13, 2010 12:43AM

Tom, An eye for an eye is a rule all creatures can live with , and that's what made this forum so successful for the past nine years. YOU give everyone a chance to be treated with respect by everyone on this forum as long as they return the same respect to everyone. It's not a hard rule to live with. This forum is about the only topic that attracted all of us here in the first place, RODBUILDING. You can give or take as much as you want to as long as you follow the rules. Its a pleasure to be able to converse with others of all walks of life in a decent and mature minded way. Thanks for all you do. Dennis J. Danku
(SAYREVILLE,NJ)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Paul Rotkis (---.gci.net)
Date: June 13, 2010 01:39AM

"Excellence is the standard." You have achieved this Tom!

Congrats and a heart felt sincere, thank you.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2010 06:38PM by Paul Rotkis.

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: June 13, 2010 06:30AM

Well, after all of these comments there isn`t much left for me to say. Except Thank-you for a job well done and I look orward to meeting with you again at High Pointe

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: Clyde Alho (---.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 13, 2010 02:15PM

Tom,

These are fantastic stats about this board. You are to be commended
for the professional manner in which you have run and administered this
site. It is a wealth of very valuable rod building knowledge for rod builder
of all skill levels. Thanks to all who have contributed to this forum. It is
definitely the place I go to for rod building information when I need it. It is
so simple to search for a vast number of rod building topics.

Keep up the great work, and I am glad to be a sponsor on this fine site.
Also, glad to hear the 2011 expo is a go!

Clyde Alho
The Rod Shop, Inc.
www.therodshop.biz

Posted by: Mark Clooten (---.vectro.com)
Date: June 13, 2010 04:21PM

Almost everything I seen on the internet come from the pages of the Rodmaker mags. Some things are not all the way right or changed but the place they seem to all be coming from is the Rodmaker mags. Good going.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 13, 2010 08:41PM

Dennis Danku Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tom, An eye for an eye is a rule all creatures can
> live with , and that's what made this forum so
> successful for the past nine years.

Dennis,

Thanks, but I hope this isn't true - That's really not the type of environment we've had here nor one I would wish to have.

No one has ever been banned or removed for disagreeing with me nor anyone else. It really takes a great deal to get yourself booted from here. Continual violations of the rules concerning bad language, repeated personal insults and/or flaming, etc., are the main reasons that a few have been banned. (And when you do hear from those few folks that have been banned, they rarely tell you the whole story about what they did to get themselves banned.) But even then, we're talking just over a dozen people out of over 7000 in 9 years. So again, it really takes some doing for anyone to get the boot. It's been a pretty rare thing and I suspect it will continue to be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2010 09:45AM by Tom Kirkman.

Posted by: Richard Forhan (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: June 13, 2010 10:05PM

Real names - real info, by those that actually have used what they type about and are willing to share their knowledge. No surprise to many of us for the success and importance of this site and RodMaker mag.

Posted by: Marco Cellini (---.ip18.fastwebnet.it)
Date: June 14, 2010 11:14AM

Hello Tom,
thanks a lot !

Posted by: David Boyle (---.dsl.nsw.optusnet.com.au)
Date: June 15, 2010 06:49AM

Tom,
A sincere "thank you" for your efforts to promote the craft of rodbuilding. Happy 9th birthday Rodbuilding.org!

Regards
Dave Boyle
www.threadcentral.net

Posted by: Robert Moody (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 09, 2017 11:04PM

tRY looking up the subject custom rod building on you tube. You can get a wealth of knowledge from some of the builders there. Good luck.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster