I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Surf casting blanks
Posted by: Martin Honore (178.157.197.---)
Date: November 03, 2012 04:50AM

Hello

I am looking to build 2 surfcasting rods.
Spec. shoud be somthing like 13' - 14' with a casting weight of 4 - 7 oz and 3 or 4 pcs.
Is it posible to find any blanks like this on a budget around 100$ a blank.

Best regards
Martin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Surf casting blanks
Posted by: Michael Blomme (---.spkn.qwest.net)
Date: November 03, 2012 11:13AM

If you look at the websites for Lamiglas, Batson, Pac Bay, and American Tackle who are sponsors and listed on the left side of the screen, your question will most likely be answered. The most likely has to do with the cost. Long surf blanks are pretty expensive especially when you want to hurl the weight you listed in your post. Others who use this forum may also have sources different than the ones I listed. Good luck.

Mike Blomme

Posted by: John Martines (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 03, 2012 01:08PM

I only know of two companies that makes a 3 pc surf rod stock.. not custom order and that is Diawa and Talon . For $100 dollars.. perhaps not!!

Posted by: chris stevenson (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 03, 2012 04:02PM

unfortunatly like stated earlier,3pc rod is not gonna be available for the price range you mentioned.most manufactures have got away from the multi piece blanks under 15' becuase with lighter and better building techniques the need for them has disapeared.a better rod is going to built on less pieces,thus the reason you see so many rods in the 7'-10' class built as 1 piece,not to say there are not a great many quality rods in the 2 piece catagory.the other problem you will discover is shipping cost,this fee alone could be 30$-50$.i'll check a couple of my suppliers and see what i can get thats close,but you're definitly will be looking at a lesser known blank

www.southriverrodsllc.com

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: November 03, 2012 04:20PM

One-piece blanks are swell if you travel only a short distance to your fishing destination or you travel by wagon train.

Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: November 03, 2012 04:49PM

Martin, I have 2 white Fenwick fiberglass blanks that are as follows: 1 - SU-1445F 12 FOOT, LURE WEIGHT 3-6 OZ. 1 SU 1265 -F 10 1/2 foot, lure weight 3-6 oz . $80.00 a piece if you want them. You pay shipping and handling. I have sold to Tom Kirkman so you can contact him for my veracity I guess you could call it. I deliver what I say. I don't build many surf rods, and will part with these for that price. Randy

Date: November 03, 2012 06:26PM

Martin, I forgot to say I also have an earlier Lamiglas Graphite blank Model # GSB1322L,30# test, lure wt. 3-5 oz. This is an older style with the tip fitting into the butt. Excellent blank. $150.00 same on shipping and handling.

Posted by: Martin Honore (178.157.197.---)
Date: November 04, 2012 11:19AM

Randolph tanks, but i need the blanks to be at least 3 pcs.

Posted by: Mark B. Gonsalves (---.hawaii.res.rr.com)
Date: November 04, 2012 04:34PM

Another 3pc blank that I can think of that's capable of casting that weight range is CCP, Carolina Cast Pro. But not even close to $100.

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: November 04, 2012 04:46PM

Martin:

Purglas [www.purglas.com/za/] makes three-piece surf blanks in South Africa, where surf fishing is apparently quite popular. I'm not sure about the prices, but a couple of years ago I bought a 15' three piece Purglas surf blank from Mudhole at a great price - less than half your stated budget price. If you burn up the internet searching for a Purglas blank you might get lucky - and these are top-quality blanks.

Date: November 04, 2012 07:38PM

Just curious, why doe it have to be 3 piece?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster