I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

labels and decals
Posted by: Jude Savoie (---.camtel.net)
Date: May 23, 2012 01:38PM

Hello everyone.

Just getting started on this new adventure. I am looking for ways to make lables/decals/letters that can be used in rod building. Done some research and have gotten more confused, not hard for me to do by the way.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: labels and decals
Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: May 23, 2012 01:46PM

Hello Jude.

Decal Connection on the left if you want someone to make them for you, if not there are many ways, I make mine using a Brother Lable printer others will chime in on this subject.

Welcome aboard tight wraps.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Scott Armstrong (---.sw.res.rr.com)
Date: May 23, 2012 03:20PM

[www.rodbuildingtutorials.com]

This is the tutorial I use to do mine with a few exceptions. Instead of wrapping the base with thread I spray with silver, gold or white paint. I have been using Testors Water-slide Decal paper without any fading over 3 years. I've also used the Waterproof Vinyl and has faded pretty bad compared to no fading of the water-slides.

Posted by: John Martines (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: May 23, 2012 04:04PM

Versitex also makes custom decals. I have used them and they are very nice to work with.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 23, 2012 04:08PM

RodMaker Magazine has done several articles on the process of do-it-yourself decals.

Posted by: Jude Savoie (---.camtel.net)
Date: May 23, 2012 04:26PM

Tom Kirkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RodMaker Magazine has done several articles on the
> process of do-it-yourself decals.
>
> ............

Do you happen to know what month/volume? I am fixing to subscribe and would order some back issues if I can find them.

Thanks for all of yalls help. (sorry, yall is a southern thing) I am in SW LA about 30 miles from the Gulf and 5 miles from Calcasieu Lake.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 23, 2012 04:36PM

The most recent would have been in Volume 12 #1.

Posted by: Greg LaPolla (---.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net)
Date: May 24, 2012 01:55AM

I use decal connection. I f you do the layout and send them the output in eps or vector and send along the fonts you use they can print it (I use Adobe Illustrator). I usually order over the weekend and recieve it by mail on wednesday or thurday. Very quick turn around time and great customer service. If you have questions call them.

Greg

Posted by: Mark Gwynne (---.lnse1.cha.bigpond.net.au)
Date: May 24, 2012 08:43AM

That's and excellent tutorial. Worth pointing out though the formula for the circumference of a circle is Pi X D.

Posted by: Scott Armstrong (---.sw.res.rr.com)
Date: May 24, 2012 10:04AM

Also, I haven't had the fading issues with the Holographic decal print media. Not sure why I have with the white water proof vinyl as the only difference has been the print media.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster