I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Search For Specific Guide Wrapping Thread
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: September 28, 2010 12:49PM

I am searching for a very specific thread.

Regular nylon preferably black single color.

I have been led to believe that a rod wrapping thread exists either size 00 or A that has only two filaments.

The size A nylon that I have has three -

I have a few spools of old Classic Twist in Black and White that has only two main filaments one white and one black.

This thread is a slightly smaller diameter than A thread.

If anyone knows of a source please let me know.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Search For Specific Guide Wrapping Thread
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 28, 2010 01:19PM

Bill

This is all I found so fare :
Bill,
Take a look at these two options...1) Silk Sparkle from FishHawk. It is two strands (not three) and it is made by twisting 3/0 silk with a very fine strand of metallic. It might do well with Micros and will be slightly smaller than size "A" thread. 2) Rice made a three strand classic twist in an "A" and I have had some folks describe it as slightly smaller then "A". It is no longer made but some can still be had. Colors are red/black, orange//black, green/black, and yellow black.
I do not believe there is a black nylon out there that small as most of the smaller threads used by embroidery guys are now poly or rayon.

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: September 28, 2010 02:44PM

Thanks but silk is not an option.

I am now using some "old" two strand Classic Twist - dying with black matte black India ink.

I am seeking any brand nylon two strand solid black size A or smaller diameter to 00.

Does anyone have large spools of nylon black 00?

Would also take NCP black nylon 00 -

My search is primarily for any two stand nylon smaller than A.

Posted by: Robbie Smith (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: September 28, 2010 03:09PM

Bill, I believe you are looking for a Rice made product but it is no longer made. It was slightly smaller than "A". It was made with three stands but gave the appearance of two strands. Versitex might be a good option for you to hunt this material!

Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.mid.suddenlink.net)
Date: September 28, 2010 04:45PM

We have some in stock of the Gudebrod "OO"
The colors are 001 Black, 206 Garnet, 245 Royal Blue, 326 Scarlet, 396 Dark Brown, and 5896 Dark Green.
There are just a few left, some only one of each.

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 28, 2010 05:36PM

Gudebrod OO (silk) is three strand also.

Posted by: Earl Hamilton (121.54.92.---)
Date: September 29, 2010 02:07PM

Talbot size #60 was a thread that I used to use that was finer than Size "A". But I can't find any now that I want to get some more. Some one somewhere has some in a dusty old box. If someone can come up with an alternative that would be really great.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster