I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Gudebrod size D 001 Black
Posted by: Capt. Craig Freeman (---.sbo.hampton.k12.va.us)
Date: September 28, 2010 10:59AM

Anyone know of anybody that may have some spools of gudebrod size D black thread? I'm down to my last spool.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gudebrod size D 001 Black
Posted by: Scott D parsons (205.244.119.---)
Date: September 28, 2010 11:13AM

Craig,
You can get plenty of FishHawk thread from any or our dealers on the left, you won't be sorry you tried some. Thank you for your consideration.
Scott Parsons

Scott Parsons
919-900-8998
[www.roddancer.com]
[www.fishhawkthreads.com]

Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.mid.suddenlink.net)
Date: September 28, 2010 04:48PM

We show one left in large 1 Oz spool in size "D"

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

ProWrap
Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: September 28, 2010 05:32PM

Most dealers we know of have been out of stock of the basic Gudebrod colors for some time (black, white, reds, blues, etc) - you might want to try an @#$%& site.

Mud Hole has replaced Gudebrod with the ATC ProWrap line of threads. In testing over the past few months, we have found the colors to be very consistence from the outside of the spool to the end of the spool (no fading on the outside of the spool due to age), thread stretch minimal, burnishing ability very well, layup on the spools is not a criss-cross so it unspools well, lays down without twisting, handles a thread tensioners without fraying (thread is not breaking down due to age), takes color pressure without swelling and releasing tension, takes finish without blotching and UV resistant.

Plus they will be offering 80 colors of nylon and color fast (NCP) in size A & D in 100yd, 1 oz and most in 4 oz spools also. They will have an additional 39 colors in metallic threads. We currently have about 80% of the threads in stock and remaining will be added to the web site when they become available – we have Black in A & D sizes, Nylon & Color Fast, 100 yd, 1oz and 4 oz spools in stock. We have found to prices to be about equal to or is some cases less than Gudebrods as well.

Check them out today and order some online at:
[www.mudhole.com]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: September 28, 2010 06:25PM

I bought all available on the east coast...

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 28, 2010 09:26PM

Well, not ALL on the East Coast. I'm hiding my two 4oz spools of D, one of B and one of C from you immediately.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (97.106.17.---)
Date: September 28, 2010 09:37PM

Not all of it, at all. Our stash is calculated in boxes, not spools. Precious it is.

Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: September 29, 2010 12:22AM

Yep, I am at boxes still also. All that MH and the NY place had. I shouldn't have used absolutes like "ALL".

I am eager to get into the Fish Hawk Black and put the gudebrod addiction behind me!!! I am about to transfer my metallics over to Scotts thread in the coming weeks. Scott, get ready...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2010 12:25AM by kevin knox.

Posted by: Capt. Craig Freeman (206.113.142.---)
Date: September 29, 2010 08:17AM

Yeah that's about what I figured. Should have bought sooner, but I had 7 spools and thought that would last a lot longer than it did. I was hoping to make those last til the expo. Figured I could make a decision on which to switch to there, since I could actually see and touch the different brands. I've used fish hawk before, but I was taught with Gudebrod and just kept going with what I was taught. Maybe I'll just go with maderia and buy a butt ton of CP! (he he) : )

Posted by: Scott D parsons (205.244.119.---)
Date: September 29, 2010 08:29AM

We are getting great reviews on our New Metallic P line. If any one will be at the west coast show this weekend we will have all of our threads on Display there and hopefully some new ones as well.
Scott

Scott Parsons
919-900-8998
[www.roddancer.com]
[www.fishhawkthreads.com]

Posted by: Eric Guarino (---.hsd1.al.comcast.net)
Date: September 29, 2010 10:36AM

I do this as a hobby and ordered a giant spool od D and A black as soon as I heard they were shutting the doors. That will last me a lifetime. I need some matte silver metallic is A if anyone has any. I tried to order some from @#$%& as they showed on the website that they had it, but I have yet to hear.

Eric

Posted by: Jim Gamble (97.106.17.---)
Date: September 29, 2010 12:57PM

I do believe I cornered the market on Matte Gold and Matte Silver long ago ... those are two of my favorite accent colors. You might get lucky, call around and see what you find. Maybe Scott will be convinced to recreate those two colors - they were popular when available.

Re: ProWrap
Posted by: Donald Becker (---.lava.net)
Date: September 30, 2010 03:17AM

Mud Hole Custom Tackle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> In testing over the past
> few months, we have found the colors to be very
> consistence from the outside of the spool to the
> end of the spool (no fading on the outside of the
> spool due to age), thread stretch minimal,

"thread stretch minimal" might be better stated as "the amount of thread stretch meets wrapping requirements"

How is the amount of stretch? was the first question asked by a volume wrapper. After testing, it was found that ATC ProWrap met requirements for the proper amount of stretch.

Don

Don Becker

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: October 01, 2010 08:32AM

Don - good to see comments like that on this forum. Many custom builders are concerned about wrapping too "tight" for fear of blank damage and never deal with thread "stretch" and "relax" upon application of finish. It is good to know that the current manufacturers are concerned and knowledgable concerning the security and durability of guide attachments on fishing rods in addition to color retention.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster