I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

?IMG? rod blanks
Posted by: Greg Reali (---.losrios.edu)
Date: August 05, 2010 07:11PM

I was wondering if anyone knows who produced rod blanks with "IMG" in the model. I have someone who's looking to get rid of the rod blanks he's inherited, but doesn't know what they are. I'm trying to help figure it out.

Thanks!!
Greg R

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ?IMG? rod blanks
Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 05, 2010 10:01PM

Look again, It's not a "G".

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 05, 2010 10:37PM

St. Croix produced blanks with the first three letters of their model # to begin with IMC these were of the SC42 graphite and had a
jet black finish in lengths from 5'6" to 7'6". Casting blanks for Walleye/Bass/Pike.
ARE THOSE BLANKS GOING UP ON THE BUY/SELL PAGE?

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 06, 2010 09:44AM

Lamiglas' IM700 series in casting models also begin with "IMC".

These would have a polished or root beer colored finish.

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Date: August 06, 2010 02:00PM

Thanks for the responses.

The labels have been replaced by hand written ones. VERY FRUSTRATING!

I know SOMEONE produced a blank with IMG in the model. I'm pretty sure PacBay and American tackle did, but the blanks are more steelhead sized. Merrrick tackle used to carry "IMG" blanks - not anymore. I'm going to eliminate American from the choices. That leaves PacBay. I'll double check and see if there's any way the writing can be "IM C" instead of IMG.

I realize the problem with this whole thing is that the blanks aren't labeled well. Trust me, it's driving me insane. What makes it worse is that the guy who has them doesn't know much about them since they were a gift from the wife of a custom builder. The builder passed away in 99/00 and since this guy was their neighbor/friend, and was a fisherman, he got these blanks.

I'm going to try to take some pictures and post them. I have to wait though - he's gone until Monday.

Greg Reali

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2010 02:10PM by Greg Reali.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 06, 2010 02:48PM

When you find out more about them post here. Sounds interesting. How long graphite glass 1 -2 -3 piece etc.

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.mercymiami.org)
Date: August 06, 2010 03:23PM

Color might help too. Sometimes part of a letter gets lost over the years. I mean fenwick had HMG if part of the H went missing. The ones I remember were always black.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 06, 2010 03:30PM

Fenwick also produced a beautiful translucent brown in HMG line. If these are HMG's I'm interested in them. I've always loved that color/finish

Date: August 06, 2010 03:44PM

I'll post pictures/specs when I get them. I think Monday. I'll try to take the pictures in sunlight, compared to another KNOWN blank to facilitate a more accurate color perspective. I have a high end Nikon I can shoot with - that should give more than enough detail to see the grain etc. in the rods.

They're all 2 piece rods.
There is one I'm sure of - it's a Fenwick GSP784. It's a 6.5ft, 4 power. I'm curious what this blank is worth. I have an idea, but not too sure.

Thanks.
Greg Reali

(PS - anyone out there custom building out of Sacramento, CA area??)

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: August 06, 2010 04:13PM

The early HMG's were grey, then they changed to a deep brown/burgandy color for the remainder of their run. The only black Fenwicks I remember were the BoronX models, or some of their glass stuff.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster