I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Short Spinnerbait blank rec..
Posted by: Scott Sheets (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: July 14, 2009 11:04PM

I am looking for some recommendations for a spinnerbait rod in the 6' to 6'6" range. Anything longer and I like the BS706.....

I have used the 3C60MF, and am considering the 3C62MXF.....wondering what else is out there.

Scott Sheets
www.smsrods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Short Spinnerbait blank rec..
Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.gctel.stellarllc.net)
Date: July 14, 2009 11:30PM

RX7 ISB783

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (24.145.81.---)
Date: July 15, 2009 12:58AM

What weight spinnerbait?

Having built on several - and being a big fan of it, I wouldn't use the 3C62MXF for spinnerbaits.

-----------------
AD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2009 12:59AM by Alex Dziengielewski.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: July 15, 2009 06:45AM

Scott,
I have and use the following for spinnerbaits in that length range currently,
3c66mf have 2 in boat
3c56mf have 2 in boat
3c66mhm
5c60mf

I have a couple of shikari 563's built as pistol grippers, as well as a rainforest II (use more as a buzzbait rod though) 783 and a All Star Spinnerbait special (not too special IMHO).
Really depends on what you are going to do with them, cover, line, bait weight and even casting style (relates to build style more than anything else)

Tom

Date: July 15, 2009 10:13AM

Thanks guys. 1/4-3/8oz spinner's.

Like I said, I have used the 3C60MF, the tip is a bit to powerfull to really throw the lighter baits. I'll look at that ISB783...thanks Chuck.

Anyone have CCS on the 3C62MXF and the 3S63MXF?

Scott Sheets
www.smsrods.com

Posted by: Joe Vanfossen (---.physics.kent.edu)
Date: July 15, 2009 11:05AM

Scott,

The RX7 IMB 783 is worth a look as well. I built mine for tossing 3/8-1/2oz. spinnerbaits for pike in rivers, but I like it for my 1/4oz.+ bass SBs as well. As far as XF actions and spinnerbaits are concerned. I like to toss SBs on my RX8+ 823 as well, but if I may need to move the fish, the IMB 783 will get the nod. The softer tip that the 823 has is great for flicking the smaller SBs out there.

I think the cover and size of fish you or your client are looking at will go a long way to choosing between the blanks.

Joe

Date: July 15, 2009 01:51PM

Just talked to the customer again... I guess I am looking for something in the 5'6" range......going to have to cut I think.

Scott Sheets
www.smsrods.com

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: July 15, 2009 03:17PM

Scott,
I have some of the Shikari c563's left at the house if you are interested. I think that I paid 12.00 a piece for them. They are clean, straight and are not seconds. They are clearly marked on the butt in the normal fasion for Shikari, I would also look at the 3c56mf as they have removed some of the power from what they previously were.

Tom

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: July 16, 2009 01:21AM

My favorite for lighter spinnerbaits is the Lamiglas IMC 781. A bit lighter tip, very accurate. good backbone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster