I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Threadlees Micro Guides?
Posted by: John Keys (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: October 21, 2008 11:00PM

Has anyone done a rod with micro gudes without thread? Are the guides too short or too small to allow a thick enough application of PermaGlass?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Threadlees Micro Guides?
Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.244.36.100.Dial1.StLouis1.Level3.net)
Date: October 22, 2008 12:06AM

I've done a lot of shop testing with no problems. If anything, IMO, the threadless technique really mates well with the micro guides, as logically it should.

Posted by: John Keys (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: October 22, 2008 01:04AM

Thanks for your input. I have built several rods with threadless guides and I have one setup with micro guides.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: October 22, 2008 09:45AM

It should work even better with the micro guides due to them being so short there is very little way to obtain any leverage on them. Thus, they are extremely hard to break loose.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: October 22, 2008 11:11AM

Pooo! Poo0! I am beginning to wonder about this board!

Another cat out of the bag!!

Was planning a surprise for Bobby F. and Steve G. at ICRBE!

Looks like I may have to resort to "Helium" after all!

Or

"Weightless Decals"

Gon Fishn

Posted by: Bobby Feazel (---.55.155.207.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: October 22, 2008 11:23AM

OK Mr "GON FISHN"

Go ahead and tell us about the weight savings with the no thread procedure.

Date: October 22, 2008 12:04PM

I may - if you tell me if you have discovered the advvantages of Perma Gloss and reveal the origin of weightless metallic appearing ink!!

Posted by: Bobby Feazel (---.55.155.207.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: October 22, 2008 01:18PM

Bill S

Now that Mr Keys has let your stuff out of the bag (thanks John), it is easy to see that it hurts you so much that you are suddenly unwilling to share solid information with the rest of us. This is totally out of character for you especially since you are the one who always preaches about sharing information with others. (For those of you who don't know us, this is all in fun by the way.)

Now to answer you questions. I have never even seen a bottle of Perma Gloss much less know of the advantages and I will not only reveal the origin of the metallic ink, but I am going to make a bigger announcement here today so that everyone can be prepared for you at the up coming EXPO.

The origin of the ink was in the depths of my own, sometimes sick, little mind.

Now that I have your attention and a bunch of witnesses, let it be know that I Bobby Feazel do hereby bequeath upon Bill Stevens and Clyde the sole rights and ownership of the said "weightless metallic appearing ink" which they can use for their own personal pleasure or devices.

May others have mercy on your soul.

Bobby

Date: October 22, 2008 02:15PM

Please provide the papers for "Unconditional Surrender" and I will sign the in public view of all with a customized pen loaded with the Weightless Ink !

Your hand containing many Aces has thrumped all the cards I have chosen to play!

Perma Gloss Is My Last Remaining Winning card Threadless or not!

I am quite sure the " Ink from Texas " will be packaged in a suitable box that will properly encase my carcass for the impending burial ceremony!

After this day is over I may be required to change my signature.

Jus Gon

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: October 22, 2008 03:46PM

After seeing Bill's tournament shirts that look like Mardi Gras exploded at a bass tournament and Bobby giving away weightless ink for personal pleasure... I just don't know what to think.

secret bottles... weightless ink... sounds like conspiracy!

Bill - where you finding the 8 oz paint cans for pgloss? No one around me ANYWHERE stocks them or seems to be able to get them.

And Bill... don't go through SC with Clyde on your way to the ICRBE... we gotta gator season here now...

-----------------
AD

Date: October 22, 2008 04:36PM

I think there are some guys selling them - may they will pipe up -

I am extravagant and blow money every day and sneaky as well - go to the hardware store and buy a can of clear varnish or stain - stain or coat something and put on a big show so the wife thinks you really care about other things - then sneak off and clean the can out with laquer thinner, wash and carefully dry. Don't ever let her see it because she will know where your real priorities lie and you could be in big trouble. Be sure and fill the can with two bottles of Perma Gloss to displace all the air.

Gon

Posted by: Rolly Beenen (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: October 22, 2008 05:53PM

Here is a link for paint cans

[www.yankeecontainers.com]

Rolly Beenen
Rovic Custom Rods

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 22, 2008 06:24PM

I must confess that at the show last year Mr. Bill convinced me to go the route Perma Gloss as another step to further lighten up rods when using Micro guides.

I would not think that with as many coats needed when using “thread-less wraps” that it would end up lighter then thread and 2 or 3 coats of P.G.
Bill I look forward to seeing your latest models.

And as long as we are laying out cards on the table, I also my as well confess that I have gone one better on the weightless ink.

I have just recently completed a new formula for ink using Nano encased norib enriched helium micro droplets. That the final product when dried, is a little less then 1/3 the weight or air. I have also started putting my signature and identifying marks out at the tip so the ink will help the tip float up so as to further shift the balance point towards the butt were the @#$%& really should be

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2008 08:59AM by Steve Gardner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster