I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Need help finding a decal for an old rod rebuild
Posted by: Greg Vogel (---.135.80.14.montanasat.net)
Date: July 17, 2008 11:34AM

I am refurbishing an old Montague Eel River combo rod for someone and was wondering if anyone could help me out with finding or making a new decal for it. I do not have the fancy printers some are using to make decals and such. It is the Montague oval with the jumping fish in the middle and "Montague" across the top and "Eel River" across the bottom of the oval. Unfortunately I have been unable to find even a decent picture of one. I don't know if there would be copyright problems but Montague has been out of business for about 50 years.
Anyway I am just trying to make the rod right for the guy. It is one of those "This was grandpa's rod" deals, so it is a sentimental thing also.
If anyone can point towards one I would be grateful.
Thanks, Greg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need help finding a decal for an old rod rebuild
Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: July 17, 2008 11:56AM

Decal conection to the left.

DR

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: July 17, 2008 12:00PM

Because you'd be putting it on a Montague rod, I doubt you'd run into any copyright issues. And, since they are no longer in business and to my knowledge, no one currently owns the company name, you'd also be free to do this. Of course, I'm not a copyright attorney so take anything I say here with a grain of salt. It's always wise to consult competent legal counsel in such matters. However, I really think that making and applying such a decal to that rod in this instance isn't going to land you in any hot water.

Posted by: Bobby Feazel (---.55.155.207.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: July 17, 2008 12:08PM

Anyway you can get the old one off and send it to me? I'll try and help if you can give me a starting place.

Bobby Feazel

[www.shockwaverods.com]

Conventional wisdom will not open the box.

Posted by: Charlie Smoote (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: July 17, 2008 01:14PM

Maybe a photograph if possible. I have an old Montague rod that I'll go look at. It may be what you're looking for.

Lots of luck in your search!

Posted by: Jimi-Ellis (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: July 17, 2008 01:23PM

Send me a picture and I will work on it.

Jimi Ellis

Posted by: Rena Hall (---.oc.oc.cox.net)
Date: July 18, 2008 03:23PM

Greg,

Click on the following link to see the Montague logo (Trade Mark) I believe that you are looking for:

[members.cox.net]

Rena

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster