I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Hello guys need some ice rod Bobber tips
Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 27, 2007 11:41PM

Hello Gang well it's that time of the year! Looking for some {good} Bobber- spring Tips for my Own ice rods 6 panfish rods Thanks very much if you can help , What you Favorite? Thanks !! Jay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2007 11:42PM by Jay Dubay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello guys need some ice rod Bobber tips
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: November 28, 2007 09:57AM

Check the buy/sell page. Somebody there had something along those lines in the last day or two.

Posted by: Chuck Ungs (---.linncounty.org)
Date: November 28, 2007 11:56AM

One suggestion you might check out would be to buy some of the St. Croix spring bobbers in the appropriate tension you desire - or several - then simply copy their system of placing two tiptops 180 degrees from each other - hit the hardware store for a rubber grommet of the appropriate size to hold their springbobber in the opposite tip top as your line and you will have an adjustable (by extending or retracting the spring), well thought out spring bobber that is easily replacable and also adjustable to heavier or lighter spring tensions by buying several different spring actions (UL,L,M,MH,H - I think are all available). Their springs are somewhat expensive but well worth it. Another variety of options are available at YourBobbersDown.com - they have a large variety of styles and actions available. Good luck and enjoy! Let us know what you decide to do - no sense in reinventing the wheel... though that rarely stops rodbuilders :) Chuck Ungs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2007 12:47PM by Chuck Ungs.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: November 28, 2007 11:58AM

Rather than using spring bobbers, build pan fishing rods from fiberglass. Get a blank, where the last six inches is very flexible fiberfglass. Then, you have the bobber built into the pole. Very very sensitive, and you have a rod that is ready to go.

For all of the shorter ice fishing rods, I have gone to fiberglass for the simple reason that they don't break, and they are flexible. Many of the graphite blanks are too stiff and or too brittle. Generally speaking, I have had too much problem with the graphite poles breaking under use and in the cold. Never any problems with broken fiberglass poles. Then, it is quite easy to get a blank with a nice long soft tip that acts as a bobber in fiberglass that is nearly unbreakable.

Take care
Roger

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dsl.mhtc.net)
Date: November 28, 2007 12:11PM

Chuck beat me to it. I did post a picture so you can see what they look like. I use them myself and really like them. They are adjustable for the weight of your jig. [www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: Scott Sheets (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 30, 2007 01:59PM

Where can you get those St. Croix bobbers from ?

Posted by: Chuck Ungs (---.linncounty.org)
Date: November 30, 2007 05:42PM

You can order them from Cabelas or directly from St. Croix I know - Reeds Sports I would guess - I would also hazard a guess that any of the sponsors who carry St. Croix products could order a batch for you...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster