I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Blue blank ?
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an1.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: October 07, 2007 11:07AM

Hi guys:
Does any one make a blue blank at reasonable prices ??
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blue blank ?
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: October 07, 2007 11:23AM

Batson Forecast.

Date: October 07, 2007 11:44AM

Bass blanks ?? They seem to be matt clear

Who might have there older blue blanks ?

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2007 11:50AM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 07, 2007 12:16PM

What type and action you looking for?
Shiney or matt finish?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2007 12:17PM by Steve Gardner.

Date: October 07, 2007 12:51PM

Steve
I am still wating for that info and if he likes my price ?

Date: October 07, 2007 01:17PM

It will be hard to give any kind of price with out nowing what type of blank. Even reasonable blanks vary greatly in price

Date: October 07, 2007 01:21PM

Steve
It is a crankbait for 1/8 to 3/4 oz for bass. Are you painting your own ?

Date: October 07, 2007 03:01PM

No;
But I have some Alstar blanks that are M/L. In gloss blue, a little to light for what you are looking for. I was just trying to help get your questions more specific incase I or another could help more then anything.

Batson used to have some matt blue blanks. Not sure if they are using that color any more. As I only use the RX8+ blanks

St Croix had some gloss blue if that helps. But not sure what their new colors are

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: October 07, 2007 03:48PM

Bill,
I think I have a few blue SP 843 and 844s I've been making crankbait rods out of them as I need them. May also have some 78s. My better part has the door to my stash blocked off right now while she cleans, so it will be tomorrow probably till I can get in there.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.126-70.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: October 07, 2007 05:49PM

St Croix has two colors of blue the darker SCIV Inshore and the lighter SCIV standard series.

Posted by: George Forster (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: October 08, 2007 01:30AM

CTS has just about every color you could imagine. Don't know if they have they exact action that you're looking for.

Date: October 08, 2007 09:47AM

Thanks for all the help guys.

Jim the guy wants a St Croix blank so the ones you mentioned should fit the bill. I'll check them out.
Thanks again

Posted by: Bill Tune (---.wasco-inc.com)
Date: October 08, 2007 10:51AM

Bill the Legend Tournament SCIV blanks I have used are really nice. I have the MHM crank bait rod that is my favorite for larger cranks! The MHM will work well with 3/4 ounce baits or even a little heavier. While you can cast lighter baits like a Bandit it is a little stout for these and 1/8 ounce would not work at all. For the lighter baits the MM would be the ticket but it is going to max out at about 5/8 ounce. He really needs a matched set!

Date: October 08, 2007 11:06AM

What do you think of the 4C63MF its 6' 3", it says it will throw - 1 /4 - 5 /8 oz. He was looking for a 6' rod, this seems to be as close as I can get unless I paint one, then there goes the warrantee.

Date: October 08, 2007 02:12PM

You are looking for a blue elephant ... I don't know of anything that is 6'0", blue and has the right action for crankbaits. The 4S70MHM is definitely blue and probably the best crankbait blank on the planet ... but it is 7'0". However, IMO that is a more appropriate length, you might ask him to consider it. Otherwise, you could do an SCIII 3C66MM which is "neutral" in color and install a painted blue reel seat and do some blue thread wraps, etc. That blank is less $$$ but still very nice, plus it gets you down to 6'6" in length.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an3.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: October 08, 2007 03:17PM

Jim
I asked him of what he has used -what he has and if he likes the action ?I also notice the Crank rods on St Croix,s site are all moderate action. I wait for his reply.

Date: October 08, 2007 04:47PM

If he isn't using a moderate action rod, you can most likely make him VERY happy with one because I would bet he is missing a lot of hookups. IMO, the more moderate action allows the fish an opportunity to have his way with the lure just long enough to allow a good hookset. Faster action rods tend to pull the lure away from the fish and not allow them to get a mouthful of those shiny hooks.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an2.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: October 08, 2007 08:46PM

Jim

Got him into the 7' 4S70MHM

Date: October 08, 2007 09:03PM

GREAT!! He will be thrilled with that blank. Be sure to build it light and tight.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an2.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: October 08, 2007 09:19PM

Spiral wrapped. One last thing, I noticed the blue ring tops I will use only come in 6 or 8 ring. Two double foot on the butt then fly single foot as running.Would have liked 7 and think the 6 ring may be too small ??
What do you think. Says he will use 12 lb mono.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster