I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Madeira Thread & Swifty Diamondite Finish Products - Now Available
Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 30, 2007 05:10PM

The ever-popular Madeira Polyneon rod building threads are now available from our web site! Madeira Polyneon thread is equivalent to Gudebrod's Size A and comes in a whopping 1,100 yard spool for only $3.45! With 70 of their most vibrant colors in stock we have everything you need to let your creative side take over.

Link:
[shop.mudhole.com]

Also check out Swifty's "Diamondite" pure coat rod finish products, now in stock and ready to ship!

Link:
[shop.mudhole.com]

View the latest Mud Hole newsletter here: [shop.mudhole.com]

Tight Wraps!

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Madeira Thread & Swifty Diamondite Finish Products - Now Available
Posted by: James L. Smith (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: March 31, 2007 06:45PM

Just a quick question for the Maderia Thread. Does it work well for the guides and butt wraps and if so what color perserver do you use. I have built a few rods but never with this thread. Does it work as well As gudbod and does it hold the color better than gudbod.

Thanks guys

Jim Smith

Posted by: Mike McGivney (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 01, 2007 08:29PM

It seems to work fine with guides. I use two coats of Flexcoat CP on dec. wraps and one coat on guide wraps. The colors will definitly bleed without enough CP, the lighter colors more than the darker ones.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 01, 2007 10:36PM

Besides locking in the color, you need to use CP because they're coated with a silicone lubricant. Remember these are designed for use in a sewing machine for embroidery work.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Mike Edmonds (---.nmci.usmc.mil)
Date: April 02, 2007 10:55AM

I just finished a rod using the Madeira thread. I used U-40 Color Lock, two coats, than LS Supreme. On the butt wrap I noticed a small area where the epoxy would not adhere (approx. 1cm). After the first coat I just thought I missed a spot. I checked for 100% coverage on the second coat. When I came back later to check it the reaction had occurred. After the second coat the same area on the wrap seemed to push the epoxy away. This reaction was not immediate. I guess the silocone lubricant had something to do with this reaction. Other than this small area everthing came out great. The colors did darken when the CP was applied.

Captain Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster