I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

When - Regular single foot vs extra tall concept single foots?
Posted by: Mo Yang (---.dslextreme.com)
Date: June 06, 2005 07:57PM

Question for you pros:

Fuji makes two kinds of 'light' single foot guides.

The regular ones such as LVSG (sic version) which are regular height spin.
Then there are the tall 'concept' guides such as YSG (sic version)

I've only been paying attention to the regular height ones such as the American Tackle Titans which are about the same height as the fuji LVSG.

Two questions:
1. Under what condition does one choose either the LVSG or the YSG guides?
2. Are they both about equal in weight or is one lighter than the other?

Just when I thought I had 'everything figure out', something new pops up.....LOL. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When - Regular single foot vs extra tall concept single foots?
Posted by: Ted Morgan (137.219.130.---)
Date: June 07, 2005 04:14AM

I was under the impression that the Titan frames are the same height and style (almost) as the "Y" frame Fujis. Normal "V" guides are significantly lower in frame height. I'd go with the Y frames when you want the extra height but not the larger ring (and heavier frame) of the V style guide. This is when using TK's Concept setup. On my light rods, this has such a noticeable effect that I've been using Y frame Hardloys and Alconites for more than a little while now.

Re: When - Regular single foot vs extra tall concept single foots?
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.45.2.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: June 07, 2005 07:12AM

Mo The Titan guides are what are called a Concept height . These are best used as Transition guides from butt guide to chock, then single foot fly are used from there to the tip top.
This is spinning.
The LVSG are lower in height some times called an all purpose guide can be used for the concept system but a larger ring may have to be used.

Now there are also the " M " guides. These are even higher. I never use these any more, find them useless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2005 07:21AM by bill boettcher.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster