I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

discontinued thread color
Posted by: Tony Fialkowski (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 06, 2005 07:33PM

I'm building a pair of bunker spoon rods for myself using Gudebrod #9326 HT Electra Metallic (red) for the underwraps. One rod is completely finished, the other I've got half the underwraps done, I;m out of this thread, my dealer here in Jersey is out of it and is telling me Gudebrod has discontinued it. I've checked the websites of the sponsors and none of them seem to have it either. Any suggestions besides tearing everything down and starting from scratch with a different color thread?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: discontinued thread color
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: June 06, 2005 11:48PM

What size are you using; shoot me an email if you can't find some of it, Tony.

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Tom Kelly (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: June 07, 2005 01:09AM

I hope it's not discontinued... it's been my favorite thread for a while now and I'm down to less than 100 yds of it with 5 large SW rods to build.

If there are any suppliers out there who have a 1oz. spool or two of the Electra size A Red thread I'd certainly like to buy it from you...

...That is AFTER Tony gets what he's looking for.

Thank you... God bless,
Tom

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: June 07, 2005 02:23AM

Angler's Workshop had it last I looked. Part # L4AME(color#) for the 650 yd spools. 521AME(color#) for small spools.

Posted by: Buzz Butters (---.dotnet.com)
Date: June 07, 2005 09:33AM

SPENCER, I CALLED AND THEN ORDERED FROM ANGLER'S WORKSHOP AND GOT THE PAC BAY RED METALLIC THREAD WHICH WAS NOT THE EXACT SAME COLOR. I THINK WE ARE ALL IN A LEAKY BOAT ON THIS ONE.
BUZZ

Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.ma.dl.cox.net)
Date: June 07, 2005 10:29AM

We have in stock the 9326 A&D in Regular HT Metalic, and 100Yd spools in Electra Holographic Metallic.
Here is a link;
[www.schneidersrods.com]

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

Posted by: Tom Kelly (---.goodrich.com)
Date: June 07, 2005 11:08AM

Ron... You have an order.

Thanks!
Tom

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: June 07, 2005 01:10PM

Tony, doesn't sound good for your "dealer in New Jersey"...

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Tom Kelly (---.goodrich.com)
Date: June 07, 2005 02:17PM

Hey Tony,

How much thread will you need for that last rod? I might have a line on some and will make sure you get what you need.

Tom

Posted by: tony fialkowski (---.mad.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 07, 2005 02:27PM

just placed an order with Schneider's thanks
Tony

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: June 07, 2005 11:15PM

Buzz,
I guess we are on that boat, I noticed it on the counter while walking by where the rest of the Gudebrod is kept, but didn't pick it up. Haven't used any in a while since I started playing with some of the thread colors at the fabric store. Never spent so much time decorating blank scraps as I have lately.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster