I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Need help on Harrington blanks
Posted by: Dennis Kapitonov (---.Moscow.dial.rol.ru)
Date: January 08, 2004 05:25AM

Please, help me to locate some dealers who have UL, light and medium power freshwater Harrington blanks.
I am trying to find them for about three weeks already, but all is in vain.
I did not manage to get any information from Harrington Rods.

Is there any source in the Internet where their complete range is listed?

You can e-amil me directly with the answer.

Thanks,
Dennis

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need help on Harrington blanks
Posted by: Angelo Randaci (---.fidelity.com)
Date: January 08, 2004 08:41AM

Posted by: Frank Howard (---.bay.webtv.net)
Date: January 08, 2004 09:31AM

Dennis,

I visited our local Harrington distributer just before the Holidays and was told that they had backorders that were close to a year old and that they have not been able to contact anyone by phone, or had any response to written communication since early last year. There is still quite a lot of requests from our sturgeon fisherman for their 10-12 foot bank rods used for tossing 16oz of lead and a chunk of bait into the Columbia River. They were one tough blank! The folks I talked to are convinced Harrington is out of business. If anyone has any information contrary to that or a current contact it would be appreciated.

Posted by: Ken Driedger (---.bchsia.telus.net)
Date: January 08, 2004 10:57AM

Curious to learn why Lamiglas would not fit the bill....or does it go to price.

Posted by: Dennis Kapitonov (---.Moscow.dial.rol.ru)
Date: January 08, 2004 01:58PM

Thanks everybody,

But there is no information about freshwater blanks on Harrington Rods Internet site.
There is only a mention that they have freshwater blanks, but information can be obtained from the catalogue.
And as I understood they do not send catalogues to Russia.
That is why I am trying to find some alternative source of information about their blanks.

Those blanks which interest me are the following:
Ultra-light live bait or medium fresh water.
Salmon and Steelhead
Fresh Water Casting Rod Blanks
Fresh Water Fly Blanks
Fresh Water Spinning Blanks
Steelhead Blanks

Thanks,
Dennis
Russia, Moscow

Posted by: scott giarratano (---.banksterling.com)
Date: January 08, 2004 05:29PM

I can still find the Harrington 552 and 553 blanks locally in Houston. These are 10' rods that are plenty heavy for surf fishing. They can be cut down into 50# boat rods. I have not seen anything smaller from Harrington in several years.
SG

Posted by: Debbie Hendricks (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: August 23, 2004 08:34PM

Hi Scott,
Just wondering where in Houston you are finding these Harrington 552' and 553's at?? I have not been able to locate them myself..
I am mainly interested in the 552 Blanks..
Many Thanks for any info on locating these Harrington blanks..
Debbie
debbiejh@swbell.net

Posted by: Jane Price (---.sj2.marketscore.com)
Date: August 31, 2004 12:36PM

Hi, Scott!
Like Debbie, we're looking for Harrington 552 blanks. Just now, as I was writing this message, I called Jean Harrington and will send you an e-mail re: the blanks, ok?!
Jane

Posted by: gilbert sanchez (---.houston.rr.com)
Date: October 31, 2004 02:45PM

where about in houston can i find some harrington blanks. I"m looking for 11ft. and 12ft. and what model # would be good to bring in bullreds & sharks with 8oz. lead . thanks

Posted by: Steven Shirley (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: November 18, 2004 11:10PM

I have also been looking for harrington blanks. I talked with jean about 4 months ago and she was still selling rod blanks out of missourri some where. How ever I just tried to get on her web site and it says it does not exist any more???? Let me know if you have found anything? Thanks Steve

Posted by: Sean V (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 26, 2004 02:26AM

i believe harrington is out of business. everyone is looking for these blanks. i just found an old 552 in my garage tonight. it hadnt been used in about 6 years and i had completely forgotten about it. funny thing is ive been in the market for a new stick..... looks like christmas came early this year.

check it out.
[extremecoast.com]

Posted by: roger hunter (---.stx.rr.com)
Date: December 08, 2004 09:30PM

harrington is out of business roys bait and tackle in corpus christi tx got one of the last shipments back in sept and peaple where in line waiting three hours before they opened at 7.00 am and they would only sell two per person so most would have chance to get one might try a lamaglass they have some blanks that are comparable to the harrington 552s 553s and some of the other lighter modles

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster