I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New from Pacific Bay International
Posted by: Tom S. Brown (---.olypen.com)
Date: October 03, 2003 05:42PM

Pacific Bay is proud to announce the addition of our "Rodsmith" Custom Rod Wrapping Finish to our ever growing product line. This finish is ultra clear, high gloss, UV resistant, and waterproof.

The "Rodsmith" finish is offered in 2 ounce, 4 ounce, and 8 ounce kits. Contact your local distributor for pricing and more information.

As an introductory offer I will send a free 2 ounce kit to the first 10 people who e-mail me at tom@fishpacbay.com. Please include your mailing address for shipping. For those lucky enough to get a freebie, please share your comments here on this board after you've tried it.

Tom S. Brown
Pacific Bay International

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New from Pacific Bay International
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.75.91.163.Dial1.Weehawken.Level3.net)
Date: October 03, 2003 05:58PM

Tom; You probably got a mess of emails???

Date: October 03, 2003 06:12PM

Hi Bill,

Congratulations, you were the first one to e-mail me, you must like free stuff! I will send out your free sample Monday, let me know what you think of the new finish once you try it, I think the stuff is great, and I'm pretty picky.

Tom S. Brown

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.75.91.163.Dial1.Weehawken.Level3.net)
Date: October 03, 2003 06:17PM

No one else wanted to seem greedy-I guess? I like a lot of your products, and your prices are very reasonable. O ya thanks If your picky I will probably like it

Posted by: John Britt (---.9-67.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: October 03, 2003 06:42PM

Bill-you are fast by now I am probably number 101
John B

Posted by: Christian Tanno (200.96.4.---)
Date: October 03, 2003 06:50PM

Is that offer valid to Brazilians too ??

regards,

Christian Tanno ( from Brazil)

Date: October 03, 2003 07:06PM

Hi Christian,

I guess I should have said domestic only, I'm sorry to say that the freight to send one sample is too expensive. But please e-mail me your address and I will see if I can find one of our distributors in Brazil that can get you a sample.

Thanks,

Tom S. Brown

Posted by: Marc Schwitters (64.140.60.---)
Date: October 03, 2003 07:11PM

Did I squeek in by any chance?

Marc

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.75.70.66.Dial1.Weehawken.Level3.net)
Date: October 03, 2003 07:42PM

Tom; I guess every one just came home from work?? LOL

Posted by: Jeffery Friend (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 03, 2003 07:44PM

Tom, did my earlier email make it?
Jeffery

Posted by: Christian Tanno (200.96.4.---)
Date: October 03, 2003 07:44PM

Hi Tom,

First of all, thanks for your kindness.
Don't worry, I can surely understand that the shipping cost is too high ( that's why I asked)....

So, I know a PacBay dealer here in Brazil and I will contact him to check if he already received the finish. If not, I'll wait and, as soon as I can, I'll buy some to test ....

Considering the quality of your products, I'm pretty sure it may be a really good stuff

Thanks,

Christian Tanno

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.75.70.66.Dial1.Weehawken.Level3.net)
Date: October 03, 2003 08:03PM

Tom; Can you give us a quick run down on this clear. Thick, thin, set time, pot life Etc.

Posted by: Gary Taylor (---.sympatico.ca)
Date: October 03, 2003 09:10PM

Hi Tom will new products offered in as well. i would like to try the rod smith finish.

Posted by: Gary Taylor (---.sympatico.ca)
Date: October 03, 2003 09:13PM

Hi Tom offered in Canada.i did put canada in my fist post sorry about that.Thank you.

Posted by: Tim Stephens (---.rockisland.net)
Date: October 03, 2003 10:29PM

I'm an hour late but I sent the e-mail and hoping it's not all gone. I have one rod ready to wrap so would like to give this a try to compare to LS and Flex.

Posted by: Myles Boon (168.132.10.---)
Date: October 03, 2003 11:00PM

I hope I made it as it would be nice to try other products that are not available in Australia, like most of us I have a rod just waiting.

Myles

Posted by: Ray Alston (---.duda.com)
Date: October 04, 2003 07:38AM

Tom,

I'm sure I missed out on being the first ten, but I'll still have to try it anyway. Last year I made a point to try all the finishes available so I could make an educated decision on which one I liked. I narrowed it down to a couple of favorites, and although I won't mention them here, they were not the most popular and were some of the newest ones out. Good luck with the new product.

Ray

Date: October 04, 2003 05:30PM

Hi everyone,

Wow, looks like I bit off a little more then I can chew, I have received 61 responses to my offer as of this morning!!!!

I will respond to everyone that e-mailed me, but it will take me until Monday to get back to everyone, (The wife has a list of "Honey Doos" planned for me this weekend) I will post a list of winners Monday morning. And for those that e-mailed me, I'm doubling the number of winners to 20!

Thanks for the great response to this offer!!!!!

Tom S. Brown

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster