I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

mudhole
Posted by: phil ayers (50.58.79.---)
Date: July 07, 2016 09:15AM

I need to give Mudhole credit the customer service there is great. I called yesterday because I could not find something on line and they walked me through it and was great. You just don't get that kind of service anywhere anymore and that makes rodbuilding a lot more fun knowing you have someone to call, and they welcome your call. Without this board and Mudhole I would probably give up. Thanks to all. Phil Ayers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mudhole
Posted by: doug raff (---.lightspeed.tukrga.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 07, 2016 01:42PM

I second your thoughts on Mudhole's customer service! Twice they have corrected issues I've had free of charge and without me having to speak to management. I recently visited their location during a trip to Florida and they were very helpful in showing me products that would be very hard to evaluate from online pictures and descriptions. They also gave me a tour of their warehouse.

Posted by: mike quinn (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: July 07, 2016 06:30PM

3X

Posted by: Thomas C Kuzia (32.216.23.---)
Date: July 08, 2016 09:36AM

I agree 100%,,,,
This forum and Mudhole are the only reason I have been able to get up and going with rod building,,,,and I'm 72 years old so it aint easy to get up and going!!

To find a company like Mudhole and the people on this forum who freely give up information that has taken them years to acquire is a true Blessing!

Tom

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 08, 2016 11:14AM

One thing I wish they would do is make the thread charts a lot larger as the old site was This way you can see the numbers better and with the colors larger you can match a color better when the ends fall off and you don't have any code for it

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: July 08, 2016 03:18PM

On behalf of the 60+ employees of Mud Hole Custom Tackle - Thank you, it was our pleasure to serve you!

Bill - try [proproducts.us] big photos and PDF files with colors.

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: Mike Rodman (---.sub-70-212-33.myvzw.com)
Date: July 08, 2016 05:42PM

bill boettcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One thing I wish they would do is make the thread
> charts a lot larger as the old site was This way
> you can see the numbers better and with the colors
> larger you can match a color better when the ends
> fall off and you don't have any code for it

Left click on the image an open it in a new tab or window. At least in the Chrome browser the pic opens larger.

Posted by: Mike Rodman (---.sub-70-212-33.myvzw.com)
Date: July 08, 2016 05:42PM

bill boettcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One thing I wish they would do is make the thread
> charts a lot larger as the old site was This way
> you can see the numbers better and with the colors
> larger you can match a color better when the ends
> fall off and you don't have any code for it

Left click on the image an open it in a new tab or window. At least in the Chrome browser the pic opens larger.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 09, 2016 10:49AM

I went back and put the picture on my computer - pictures - Now I can enlarge it and move it around for color match
Thanks Mike I did not think of that before It pays to play

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 10, 2016 03:39AM

I would use Mudhole much more if I could check-out with PayPal, As it stands now I have to place my items in the cart, call mudhole get a sales rep on the phone he has to pull up my cart then email me an invoice so I can submit the payment. I have been bitten twitch using credit cards online. {Let's make it clear Not At Mudhole} .But it's no fun, And it can happen to Anyone who puts their credit card number out there! So I opened a bank account and linked it to PayPal to use for rodbuilding. That gives me a safe way to buy components, And sell, As my customer has the flexibility of paying with cash or Paypal. It also provides me a way of keeping track of builds, what I charged, when it was built, ect. I find it very handy. So I have a tendency to shop where it is accepted. If the item is only available at MH then I use them and go thru the ritual, It would be nice if this was changed. Heck I could shop right now at 3:30 am and make a payment, receive an email confirmation, And go about my day. Just Sayin Jaa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster