I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rodmaker Vol 19, Issue 2
Posted by: Kerry Burgess (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: April 18, 2016 05:36PM

This is for Tom. I just got my magazine and the cover and some pages are up side down. The thing got assembled incorrectly. Will you send me another please.

Kerry

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rodmaker Vol 19, Issue 2
Posted by: Roger Templon (---.aoo.pa.atlanticbb.net)
Date: April 18, 2016 06:24PM

I just got mine, and the mailing cover was upside down, but the magazine was ok the whole way through.
Rog

Posted by: Michael Maclean (---.knology.net)
Date: April 18, 2016 09:15PM

Same here! But my magazine was fine. Just the cover.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2016 09:16PM by Michael Maclean.

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.ip-167-114-102.net)
Date: April 18, 2016 09:31PM

Probably better to e-mail him directly. No guarantee he'll see your post here.

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: April 19, 2016 12:24AM

Have been getting my Rod maker cover on upside down for a long time, the Mag is great , the fact that the cyver is upside down I
don't care , it is good reading anyway PS GOT MY ROD MAKER TODAY ANCHORAGE ALASKA

William Sidney
AK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2016 12:25AM by Bill Sidney.

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.as22781.net)
Date: April 19, 2016 08:17AM

You mean the maling cover, not the actual cover, right? I don't pay any attention to the mailing cover since I pull it off anyway.

Posted by: phil ayers (50.58.79.---)
Date: April 19, 2016 08:33AM

Got mine Saturday and while looking through it I found my face in one of the pictures of the expo, pretty neat. Phil

Posted by: Jim Russels (---.ip-192-95-56.net)
Date: April 19, 2016 09:32AM

Sounds like the printer needs to step up their game!

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.as22781.net)
Date: April 19, 2016 09:37AM

How many, 10,000 or 15,000 copies and a half dozen had upside down mailling covers? NOt sure the printer's game is off at all. What difference does the mailling cover make? Do people really leave it on their mags after they have received it?

Date: April 19, 2016 10:20AM

No need to make excuses on shoddy workmanship James! Don't you always want the best for whatever you do?
Besides, if several people in this thread have the issue, there's no doubt a LOT more that haven't said anything about it or don't even post in this forum.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 19, 2016 10:44AM

About 1% of the issues that come out of the binder will have some sort of issue. I doubt there is any printer in the world that has a 0% defect rate.

Any issues that are bad can get a free replacement by emailing me. Posting here and asking for a replacement doesn't help - I need additional information (zip code) in order to get another copy to you so please email me for that sort of thing.

Date: April 19, 2016 10:56AM

Tom, you should try Printograph.com. I use them extensively and with thousands and thousands of copies of many different products I've never had a misprint or binding issue. That 1% number seems low based on this thread - probably closer to 10%-15%, but with them I've had 0% so far!

Date: April 19, 2016 11:25AM

I couldn't stay in business at a 10% to 15% defect rate. Where are you getting that number?

One person in this thread said he had some pages upside down. I have a little over 13,000 subscribers and not even one, thus far, has sent me an email asking for a replacement due to a similar issue. I'm sure I'll get a few - I always do. All publishers do.

I am absolutely delighted with my printer. They do a top notch job at a very high level of quality.

Date: April 19, 2016 11:41AM

Three people in this thread said things were upside down, if you extrapolate that to 13000 people it would be a higher percentage. No worries Tom, just trying to help!

Date: April 19, 2016 11:54AM

If it was that high, I'd be the first one to know about it. I certainly wouldn't use a printer that delivered a 10% to 15% defect rate.

I don’t know what game you’re playing - you came in here a couple weeks back as “Frank Thomas” and starting poking at people behind an alias from an anonymous account. You attempted to hack into my account here no less than 28 times on April 13th. After that account was blocked, you then showed up as “Jim Russels” and started this nonsense again. If you have nothing positive to offer in terms of rod building topics, go away.

Posted by: Michael Maclean (198.91.15.---)
Date: April 19, 2016 12:28PM

My magazine was fine except that the mailing cover was upside down. It's a 2 second fix. Just take the mailing cover off. It's not a big deal. I still really enjoyed my magazine. Tom seems like a good man and I'm sure he will do whatever he can to help his subscribers. Now whether he wants to use his printer or a different printer is his choice. Now Jim advertised a different company that doesn't sponsor this site. Which is against the rules of the forum.

Date: April 19, 2016 12:50PM

There is nothing on the mailing cover other than your address. It's blank otherwise. What possible difference could it make which way it's put on? It's purpose is only to protect the magazine during mail transit. Sometimes they load them so that the front of the mailing cover is against the back of the magazine. It's just a false cover. It makes no difference which way it's put on.

"Jim" isn't really Jim, nor "Frank." He has an agenda which I don't have time for. These silly games are a waste of my time.

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: April 19, 2016 01:34PM

if that is all that goes wrong with the printing an mailing of Rod maker, you are doing great job in getting it out in a timely manner my 2 CTs.

William Sidney
AK

Date: April 19, 2016 02:12PM

I have never, not once since the inception of the magazine, failed to replace any copy that anyone received that was defective or damaged in any way, shape or form. Not once have I ever given anyone a hard time about something that was not their fault. If the magazine is bad, I replace it. If the post office harms it, I replace it. It's been as simple as that.

All anyone has to do is just send me an email so I can forward their information on to the mailer for a replacement. If Kerry will send me that information, he'll have another issue and likely before the week is out. It really is just that easy and simple.

Date: April 19, 2016 02:42PM

Okay, to start with, an upside down mailing cover isn't a defect. It doesn't matter. It's just there to protect the magazine. It contains no text, no photos, no articles. It's just a blank piece of heavy paper.

As far as Kerry's issue is concerned, obviously I'm happy to send him a replacement but I need his zip code in order to figure out which Kerry Burgess he is (I have more than one on the mailing list). Just now he did email me but declined to provide me with a zip code so I could send him a replacement. Just some stuff about how he'll remember all the difficulty this has caused him and how he'll remember it when it comes time for him to renew next year. Why wouldn't he just send me his zip code and let me replace the magazine?

I am constantly amazed at the antagonistic attitude people are so quick to take when a matter can be so readily resolved by the simplest of means.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Webmaster