I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Struble
Posted by: Mike Parker (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: October 18, 2015 06:26PM

I was wondering if Struble is in business? I haven't built a rod in over five years due to many factors. A friend of mine mentioned that his 14 yr old really needed a fly rod for panfish and mountain streams. I told him that I had a 7'6" 3wt blank. Anyway, I orered from Struble (who I used many times a number of years ago). Paid via PayPal received the PayPal confirmation, and received the shipping confirmation (with no tracking number) over a week ago. After looking around online, I saw a number of posts, on another forum, dating from 2012 that Struble was done and out of business. What I'm concerned about is the lack of tracking number and length of shipping time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Struble
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 18, 2015 07:49PM

They folded a few years back, unfortunately.

Posted by: Michael Danek (192.183.51.---)
Date: October 18, 2015 08:19PM

Batson/Rainshadow has some really nice seats for rods like you are are planning
to build. My last build of that type started with a Struble in the plan until I saw the seat, sent it back and went with Batson.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: October 18, 2015 08:39PM

File a dispute with pay pal and you should have your money back shortly.

Be safe

Posted by: Mike Parker (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: October 18, 2015 10:52PM

Thanks, that's what i was afraid of. Now I have to find a 7" cigar grip. 7" was specifically requested, and the measurements, with the cap and ring seat in place, were already taken to accomodate a metal winding chack that has already been received. There is no way this thing is going down another half, or even 3/4, inch.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 18, 2015 11:18PM

One of the guys that worked at Struble for 30 yrs started his own small business after they closed, Angler's Workshop sold his stuff last I needed one, great quality and much better wood in the inserts I think, Lemke is the name.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 18, 2015 11:36PM

I've sanded the back of an Anglers Workshop modified Western grip to get a 7 inch cigar grip before.

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: October 19, 2015 12:32AM

Here's some templates for grips you can work with, Should be pretty easy to whip up a 7" cigar grip. Jaa [customflygrips.com]

Posted by: BINGHAM ENTERPRISES (---.kc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 19, 2015 08:10AM

If you are interested in a Lemke reel seat I can get you set up with any of them. You can contact me by phone or e-mail.

Karen Hapka
Bingham Enterprises
913-897-6657
Binghamenterprises@kc.rr.com

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 19, 2015 09:54AM

Mike,

I am surprised that Struble still has an active Paypal account if "They folded a few years back" as Tom mentioned! I wonder what you're going to go through getting your money back from Paypal.

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2015 09:54AM by Donald R Campbell.

Posted by: John E Powell (---.dynamic.wnyric.org)
Date: October 19, 2015 10:23AM

Just a thought? Maybe they have some old stock on hand and they intend to fulfill your order? Might try contacting them first (if you have not) before going the PayPal refund route.

Posted by: Bill Hickey (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 19, 2015 11:08AM

As far as I know, Stuble is still in business. I do not believe they are selling reel seats anymore. They are selling Agate Guides and Winding Checks. I ordered some stuff from them about a month ago.

I would make a phone call before you file a paypal dispute, you'll probably get an amswering machine, but Jeff will call you back.

Posted by: Mike Parker (204.122.111.---)
Date: October 19, 2015 12:08PM

You guys have been great. I will call and wait a few more days before filing a dispute. I just find it odd that the PayPal would still go through. I'm hoping Bill is correct, and I end with the grip. I'll let everyone know how it ends up.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: October 19, 2015 10:27PM

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 09, 2015 11:08AM

Thanks, Roger.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster