I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Bad service with Anglers Workshop
Posted by: Woody Davis (---.mc.at.cox.net)
Date: October 15, 2015 02:33PM

I've been on this site for about 5 years and have ordered lots of supplies from those that advertise here and most of the orders have been excellent or close to it. I've learned a lot here and have been a reader much more than a poster. Three months ago I place an order with Anglers Workshop which totaled almost $500.00. As of today I still don't have all the order. I've called six times and I'm always promised the order would be filled and shipped today.
Does anyone know of who I might talk to get results Has anyone else had this kind of problem with them?

Woody Davis

Woody Davis <><

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bad service with Anglers Workshop
Posted by: Michael Blomme (---.direcway.com)
Date: October 15, 2015 02:51PM

Woody, I have had quite the opposite action from them. I have been a customer for nearly ten years and they have been friendly and helpful. My orders are filled promptly and if something gets back ordered, they contact me and inform me of the delay. They often do favors for me to minimize my shipping costs and extra work. For example, I wanted to build a couple of reamers from a solid fiberglass blank. I asked if they could cut it in half, they did it for me with no extra charge. Recently I placed an order for an Eternity 2 blank, and they told me that the blank was backordered from Batson and it would take two to three weeks. I was thankful for the heads up. They are are my main source for my rod building supplies.
Sincerely,

Mike Blomme

Posted by: Woody Davis (---.mc.at.cox.net)
Date: October 15, 2015 03:25PM

Mike, I's refreshing to hear some good news. I'm not giving up. They promised me again today, that all back order items will be shipped today.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 15, 2015 04:09PM

If you ordered items that were out of stock, there is always the chance that the importer/manufacturer may have been out of stock as well. This wouldn't necessarily be a knock on Angler's Workshop. Sometimes dealers do all they can but are still unable to get items if the originating supplier doesn't have them in stock.

Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: October 15, 2015 05:22PM

Out of stock may be true, but then they shouldn't tell him it will be filled and shipped that day!!

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: October 15, 2015 05:32PM

they did a very good job for me, they can't do it all as they don't make it, they just sell it

William Sidney
AK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2015 05:34PM by william G Sidney.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.102.204.190.res-cmts.t132.ptd.net)
Date: October 15, 2015 05:56PM

Randolph hit the nail on the head! Communication between vendor and customer, and the original post would never had been made.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 15, 2015 06:17PM

We don't know that it was. Have you heard from Anger's Workshop on their side of the story? Jumping to a conclusion based on one side's comments isn't fair.

As somebody that has had to personally put up with all manner of innuendo and outright fabrications, I tend to refrain from forming opinions without knowing both sides of an issue.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 15, 2015 07:47PM

Tom is spot on! My experience with AW has been outstanding. They had some early start up issues after the were acquired by Lure Parts Online, but quickly solved them, and they are one of my biggest and best suppliers. Whenever I am dealing with a supplier on the phone, I always get the persons name, and if there is a followup problem, I contact them. I kinda think it puts them on the spot to perform.

Posted by: Darcy Lloyd (---.cws.sco.cisco.com)
Date: October 17, 2015 04:01PM

Every once in a while you get a hiccup. I'm sure in the end AW will make it good. I agree with the communication part.

Hope it all works out in the end.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster