I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

HM-MHX blanks
Posted by: Brent Schneider (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: September 21, 2015 04:31AM

Hi guys. I hope I'm not stiring up an old thread. I did plenty of searches and nothing came up for the MHX blanks thru Mud Hole.
I'm just trying to get some comparisons on these blanks (just the High Modulus blanks).
I am very familiar with and have built most of my rods on StCroix and G.Loomis blanks. If you are familiar with these 2 brands, how/what would you compare the HM-MHX blanks too?
Are the as nice and sensitive as an IMX blank (pre- shimano)? Are they as nice and sensitive as an SC IV blank?
Are their actions true to their descriptions, meaning is a Heavy truly Heavy, is a Med Heavy truly a Med H ?

Thanks for your time
Brent

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HM-MHX blanks
Posted by: Mike Lawson (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 21, 2015 03:14PM

Define truly Med or MH. I can tell you that a M St croix and MH MHX will have similar lure weight ratings. I use different blank brands for different applications. It seems each has some stand out models. I'd compare HM and SCIV models if building a 7' M or MH bass rod. I like St Croix blanks a lot but sell a lot of MHX builds and customers are very pleased.

Posted by: David Baylor (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: September 22, 2015 08:38AM

If you're looking for a really awesome blank, and just wondering about the HM- MHX as an alternative to the blanks you mentioned by name, you may want to also consider the Immortal or Eternity2 series of blanks from Rainshadow. I built a rod on an Immortal blank, and it is an awesome blank. And many other members can tell you about the Eternity2 series.

Give them a look if you're simply looking for alternative blanks, that are great blanks

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 22, 2015 09:41AM

Brent,

I have built numerous rods on St Croix, MHX, Immortal & Eternity 2 blanks. The Eternity 2 blanks are outstanding! All of my customers for whom I have built rods on the Eternity 2 blanks say they are the most sensitive blank they have ever fished.

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Posted by: MHX Rod Blanks (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 22, 2015 10:46AM

Brent,

We know you will find the High Mod MHX Gen 2 blanks to be on par with older Gloomis IMX and STC SCV blanks at a fraction of the price. We have thousands of users who agree and who have made the MHX line of blanks the #1 selling blank line in the world. The Gen 2 High Mod MHX blanks have been slightly refined from the first generation are are now built with 100% Japanese Toray Fiber and new hardened resin system. We believe the actions and powers are dialed in.

You may also want to look at the new MHX Elite Pro Series of blanks. These are completely new and proprietary blank designs from the ground up and fall between the standard MHX blanks and the HM MHX blanks. The MHX Elite Pro Series are just that - designed and specified by our MHX Pro Staff in the FLW and BassMaster Elite professionals. Our professional staff have won major championships and over $400,000 in earning fishing MHX blanks in 2015. In general they have overall smaller diameters, up to 50 million modulus Toray graphite laid with lower modulus graphite where you need it all in a new advanced resin system. This has produced a durable, light weight, small diameter and sensitive blank line.

Best of all, all MHX blanks come with an individual serial number which is transferable and covered by a limited life time warranty.

Thank you for you interest in MHX blanks and welcome to the family.

Tight Lines,
MHX Rod Blanks
Web: [www.fishmhx.com]
Follow us on Facebook [www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Brent Schneider (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: September 23, 2015 04:10AM

Thank you all for your input. My (2) teenage boys are really getting serious about their bass fishing and it seems like every time I take them out, they both want to throw all the things I throw so my rod arsenal seems to be shrinking LOL. I need to get them hooked up with some nice rods that will not break the bank. Plus I want them to be nice enough to use myself in tournaments if I need an additional rod or two. I just purchased the stuff to build the HM- MHX- 874. Looking forward to it. Then maybe the 873 or 843/844. Thanks again guys!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster