I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

King salmon blank recommendations
Posted by: Hal Lambert (---.flo.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 16, 2015 06:31PM

In search for a 9' to 9'6" blank rated 10-20 lb line capable of throwing 1- 2 1/2oz. Will be built as a spinning rod.

These criteria are very specific and I am having a bit of difficulty finding a blank to fit. Anyone have any reccomendations

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: King salmon blank recommendations
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 16, 2015 07:15PM

Try looking at surf blanks

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: August 16, 2015 09:10PM

Lamiglas GSB1081L
Lamiglas GLB1082ML
MHX SU1085F-2-MAX
These rods will catch many other species of fish besides Chinooks.

Posted by: Jerry Poindexter (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: August 16, 2015 09:12PM

Have you considered this Rainshadow RX4 blank?

BP1145F Matte Gray 9'6" 2 10-25lb. 1/2-2 1/2oz. 0.520 4.5 M MH 3.9oz.

Posted by: Ron Jack (---.cncdnh.east.myfairpoint.net)
Date: August 17, 2015 09:23AM

I built three Batson ISA 1086 F 12~25lbs for Kings in Alaska. The biggest I have landed with them is 45lbs. I think it is a great rod for kings.

Ron Jack
Bowdoin, Maine

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.tmodns.net)
Date: August 17, 2015 03:27PM

Schneider's had some of the ISA1087F available last I looked, they will throw that much weight and and I think a bit more.

Date: August 17, 2015 05:12PM

Thanks for the help. now insists on a NFC blank and the SA905-2 he says it is a little stiff and short of extending or cutting, I don't see anything to suite him.

Posted by: Jerry Poindexter (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: August 17, 2015 07:09PM

You could order a CTS blank through Herb, if you choose to go forward w/ this customer. Sounds like he might be REAL particular...Would make me a little gun-shy, but at the same time, feel challenged.
[ctsfishing.com]

Date: August 17, 2015 07:38PM

Also thought about CTS. I agree with you Jerry, but also now considering this a challenge, and I do enjoy challenges. We will see...

Posted by: Geoff Staples (---.wavecable.com)
Date: August 17, 2015 11:49PM

Mr. Lambert,
Was your client asking for the North Fork SA 905-2 in the standard or intermediate modulus? In the IM series there is an SA 906-2. It's rated at heavy vs. med heavy but, it has a larger tip O.D. and smaller butt O.D. so it may very well feel less stiff in the hand. I'll try to give them both a bend tomorrow and let you know what I find.

-The Batson TEAM
BatsonEnterprises.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster