I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Minima vs Titanium
Posted by: Larry Green (---.sub-70-193-28.myvzw.com)
Date: May 22, 2014 01:08PM

Size for size- which is lighter. Alconite Titanium or Minima 4?

Looking to place on a 7'6" flipping stick.

With the sizeable price difference so trying to decide which way to go.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Minima vs Titanium
Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: May 22, 2014 02:16PM

Are Alconite "Titaniums" solid titanium, titanium alloys or vapor-plated base metals? The distinction is critical, at least for my $.

Posted by: Geoff Staples (---.olypen.com)
Date: May 22, 2014 02:38PM

We do offer a variety of Minima guides with solid titanium frames these days. They're super light, and the price is right.

-The Batson TEAM
BatsonEnterprises.com

Posted by: Scott Hovanec (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: May 22, 2014 10:05PM

I dont believe any guides are solid Ti, they are all alloys. The Ti Alconites are the same Ti alloy that the TiSiCs are made of. The IC SiC series are Ti plated stainless.

Date: May 23, 2014 12:41PM

Titanium or "Ti" is a term used loosely by marketers. For some rods I would far prefer titanium alloyed with nickel - a "NiTi" guide. For others I would prefer a solid titanium guide frame. Vapor-coated titanium over base metal guides don't interest me, since I fish salt water. For me the marketing claim "titanium" is about the same as the marketing claim "new and improved."

Date: May 23, 2014 12:46PM

Titanium or "Ti" is a term used loosely by marketers. For some rods I would far prefer titanium alloyed with nickel - a "NiTi" guide. For others I would prefer a solid titanium guide frame. Vapor-coated titanium over base metal guides don't interest me, since I fish salt water. For me the marketing claim "titanium" is about the same as the marketing claim "new and improved."

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 23, 2014 01:01PM

Don't have a scale But I would not be supprised if the Minama's are lighter then the rest ???

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Geoff Staples (---.olypen.com)
Date: May 23, 2014 04:44PM

The spec sheet for our Ti Minimas is on our website (click the 5th rotating banner on the home page) and it includes the weights. In my previous post I was not referring to our TiCH plated Minimas, but our newer Ti Minimas which do have a solid titanium frame, not TiCH PVD coating over stainless.

-The Batson TEAM
BatsonEnterprises.com

Posted by: Robert Drabik (---.devs.futuro.pl)
Date: May 24, 2014 05:52AM

Titanium Minima Guides is a good product. We use these guides to many UL projects.
They are very light.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster