I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Building Class Help - need Dryers and Wrappers
Posted by: Greg Vogel (---.135.80.14.montanasat.net)
Date: May 08, 2014 12:20PM

Good Morning,

I have been recruited to give a beginning rod builder class during a trip to Nashville next month. Looks like I am going to be short drying motors and
wrappers for the class. If any rod builders in the general area would be willing to donate some for the weekend of June 6/7 there would be much rejoicing.
I have done a few classes up here so have enough for dozen or so people but it looks like about 20 want to be part of this. So am short equipment for 6-8.
We are going to be doing light spin rods.

The class is sponsored by a mens' group from 1st Baptist Church in Nashville and there will be kids, older folks, and some of the men from the group participating.
Some of the guys come up to fish with me every year here in Montana. They have been after me for a few years to do this.

Thanks for any help with this and if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Greg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Building Class Help - need Dryers and Wrappers
Posted by: john ratcliff (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: May 08, 2014 02:27PM

Greg
Email me johnwratcliff@gmail.com
I would love to help

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: May 09, 2014 05:05PM

Hi Greg,

Welcome to the world of rod building education! Thanks for spreading the word about rod building. Rounding up enough tools and equipment to teach classes is always a tough proposition. We know, we teach classes around the USA and in hundreds of educational schools (high school & trade schools) around the world. Read more about out Education Program at [www.mudhole.com]

At Mud Hole Custom Tackle we actually set up an equipment loaner program for that purpose some time ago. But with the new CRB Rod Drying System (RDS) and Hand Wrapping System (HWS) we have an economical alternative for classes that doesn’t require expensive shipping.
[www.mudhole.com]
[www.mudhole.com]

Please drop Todd Vivian an email at todd@mudhole.com and ask if our education program would work for you and your students. BTW – Todd is actually in Boston, MA this weekend teaching a class, so he’ll get back to you early next week when he returns.

Thanks and keep up the great work your doing.

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: Mike Adams (---.dhcp.knwc.wa.charter.com)
Date: May 10, 2014 10:41PM

Good job, Greg. Don't let Chuck [www.decalconnection.com] Brown lead you astray while in Nashville.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster