I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Batson Website
Posted by: Dale Holmes (147.69.150.---)
Date: May 02, 2014 04:59AM

The Batson Website is basically un-usable at the moment. I have not used it for a while, but I am quite disappointed. If you want to browse a category such as blanks, guides, grips etc, you need to open a PDF file which can take 5-10 minutes. It is hopeless. The previous website was 100% user-friendly, this current one is quite the opposite. Seems to be a case of two steps forward, three steps backwards.

Dale
Hobart, TAS
Australia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson Website
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 02, 2014 07:15AM

here are two sites that carry there products
[www.getbitoutdoors.com]
[www.utmostenterprises.com]

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.jsbrcmta02.jnboar.lr.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: May 02, 2014 08:27AM

And another that has been with them from day one;
[www.schneidersrods.com]

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

Posted by: Chester Kiekhafer (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: May 02, 2014 08:51AM

I would agree with all of the postings. The current Batson website is not very good I've used and like the Get Bit Outdoors site. Although, there is some specs that aren't available on the items of interest on Get Bit's so for that I'll dig out my paper catalog and go from there.

I though Batson was going to be upgrading their site and if this is it, I'm very disappointed! ;~(

Chester

May your line be tight and your beverages be cold!

Date: May 02, 2014 09:23AM

Me also and Iam sure others Have no idea why

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: May 02, 2014 10:01AM

Dale,
Actually it is pretty easy to use.
Select the catalog that you want to use, download and save it on your computer.
Then, you will have the catalog at your disposal when ever you want to check on something.

I formerly agreed with you on the difficulty of the website. I will also say that it is not as intuitive as the previous web site.
But if you do the initial download, then it is easy to navigate and select what you need.

Be safe

Date: May 02, 2014 10:14AM

But
When a customer comes in it is a lot nicer to show colored pictures of what they may want i put paper clips on certain pages for quick reference

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: rick sodke (---.vc.shawcable.net)
Date: May 02, 2014 10:31AM

Welcome to the 1970's. A non-searchable, non-indexed catalog is extremely non-user friendly. That and it doesn't even contain all their blanks (at least that I can find).
It's not the worst manufacturer website I have ever seen but it's running a very close second.
It is unfortunate because I actually want to buy their stuff but can't get the information I want.

Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: May 02, 2014 11:09AM

I would think a direct email to Bill is the best was to handle a situation like this. Bill is a pretty open minded guy and I am sure would love the input. Sometime that which we think is an improvement may not work out.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: May 02, 2014 11:24AM

James,
I had a long e-mail and a talk with Bill about this situation.
He explained the situation to me, and if you like, you can certainly drop him a line and he will answer any questions.

Be safe

Posted by: rick sodke (---.vc.shawcable.net)
Date: May 02, 2014 11:57AM

James(Doc) Labanowski Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would think a direct email to Bill is the best
> was to handle a situation like this. Bill is a
> pretty open minded guy and I am sure would love
> the input. Sometime that which we think is an
> improvement may not work out.

From October:
[rodbuilding.org]

Re: Batson - factory web site??
Posted by: Ryan McIntosh (---.wavecable.com)
Date: October 10, 2013 11:09AM
Hi Rodbuilding.org board,

First let me introduce myself. My name is Ryan McIntosh and I am the new VP of Marketing/Business development for Batson Enterprises. As many of you have already found out, we are in the process of many upgrades and refreshed direction of our company. Batson is always thinking about its customers as its priority #1!!

Our main goal is to be future thinkers. That being said, this new website is only the beginning. We are working on individual websites for each of our brands that will enhance your experience unlike anything in the fishing world!! We are striving and creating a complete user experience, intuitive user interface, to help educate all levels of anglers alike!

So that brings us to our current website. Our new website main goal is to be a corporate home page with portals to our brands. Since the "Brands" new websites are not currently complete, we opted to supply our customers with flip catalogs for viewing and downloading. Although this might not be the best "user friendly" interface, for now this is our option. We will continue to upgrade our catalog offering with searchable functions as we continue to work feverishly on the main brands: RainShadow's, ALPS's, and ForeCast's websites.

As a testimony to our customers and the education to help further this art, we have already launched a new forum website as well. Please visit www.guidespacing.com for further details.

Thank you so much for your patience. Batson Enterprises is eager to help the community of rod building and continue to support you!!

Ryan McIntosh

Batson Enterprises
VP of Marketing/Business Development
www.batsonenterprises.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2014 11:59AM by rick sodke.

Posted by: John E Powell (168.169.226.---)
Date: May 02, 2014 12:24PM

> So that brings us to our current website. Our new
> website main goal is to be a corporate home page
> with portals to our brands. Since the "Brands" new
> websites are not currently complete, we opted to
> supply our customers with flip catalogs for
> viewing and downloading. Although this might not
> be the best "user friendly" interface, for now
> this is our option. We will continue to upgrade
> our catalog offering with searchable functions as
> we continue to work feverishly on the main brands:
> RainShadow's, ALPS's, and ForeCast's websites.
>
> > Ryan McIntosh
>
> Batson Enterprises
> VP of Marketing/Business Development
> www.batsonenterprises.com

I think someone really dropped the ball on this one putting the cart before the horses.

Posted by: william jensen (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: May 03, 2014 10:17AM

+1, I thought their previous website was very user-friendly. Have difficulty navigating their current one, though I am not a fan of downloading pdfs and scrolling through. Too easy to miss what I'm looking for.

Posted by: Todd Kreikamp (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 04, 2014 12:58PM

It is not an easy task to make the changes Batson is making. Think we all need to be patient and understand that there is a huge cost both financially and timewise to make these types of changes and to make it seemless is almost impossible. They need to create a "home" page and then create the protals allowing you to mine down into what you need. They have a few products and brands so you can imagine the time it takes to generate this kind of content. Good luck Ryan!

Date: May 04, 2014 01:33PM

not to be a hard butt - But why did it get changed You herd every one liked the past site

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 05, 2014 06:18AM

bill boettcher Wrote:
> not to be a hard butt - But why did it get changed
> You herd every one liked the past site

And at one time everyone liked the Ford Taurus.....Times change and you need to stay ahead of the curve to be successful. Sure the inconvenience is bothersome but the final product will be worth it. After a month of the new site being up you will forget about the old one.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dsl.mhtc.net)
Date: May 05, 2014 03:57PM

That's a good analogy Fred, you'd never know that you worked at a Ford Store lol. I also remember every one clamoring over the great 300 6cyl that should never have been replaced. The new generation of engines from Ford are by far better and have less problems than the older generation of engines, but there was a growing pain in the mid 90's until they got a handle on the new materials they were using. I have the same feeling as you, the web site has some growing pains, but I'm sure that it will work out in the end.

Fred Yarmolowicz Wrote:
> bill boettcher Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > not to be a hard butt - But why did it get
> changed
> > You herd every one liked the past site
>
>
> And at one time everyone liked the Ford
> Taurus.....Times change and you need to stay ahead
> of the curve to be successful. Sure the
> inconvenience is bothersome but the final product
> will be worth it. After a month of the new site
> being up you will forget about the old one.

Date: May 05, 2014 09:09PM

That is why many Car Companies are Recalling there cars cause the Tech Stuff does not work and is causing harm to the people driving them !!!!!

I guess the IT people could not set the new site up ---- Before the old site was deleted ????

If It Ain't Broke - Don't Fix it -- just update the old

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Michal Rozycki (193.201.167.---)
Date: May 06, 2014 03:18AM

I have the impression that Batson's are losing their good old personal touch and user-friendliness, starting to sound like any other corporation, which tends to use marketing newspeak to say a lot, without saying much. Nothing personal ...
I just hope it will not be at the expense of the quality of their excellent products.
Cheers,
Michal

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dsl.mhtc.net)
Date: May 06, 2014 12:38PM

Bill the car companies have been recalling them since they've been making them. I'm not sure it if you remember the Pinto or not. The only constant in life is change.

bill boettcher Wrote:
> That is why many Car Companies are Recalling there
> cars cause the Tech Stuff does not work and is
> causing harm to the people driving them !!!!!
>
> I guess the IT people could not set the new site
> up ---- Before the old site was deleted ????
>
> If It Ain't Broke - Don't Fix it -- just update
> the old

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster