I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

i want a 7600L shx or p 842 imx
Posted by: robert kravic (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: December 17, 2013 12:55PM

what blank company would be the closest to shikari shx or gloomis imx which are my two favorites. sorry but this my yearly shikari lament.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i want a 7600L shx or p 842 imx
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: December 17, 2013 03:32PM

The Batson blanks in the RX8 series are as good or better than the blanks you mention.

Be safe

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.direcpc.com)
Date: December 17, 2013 08:34PM

Robert,

Talk to John at North Fork, if memory serves me correctly they have all of the original Shikari mandrels and he should be able to match you up to an almost exact match for the imx. I will say that I LOVE the RX8's that i have built in the past. You also could as the fellows down in the Swamp and have them put one of the blanks of the board and match up to it as well you may also consider Hydra... they've got some VERY nice offering and Alex will put you right on track.

Tom

Posted by: Mike Lawson (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2013 11:28PM

How do you feel the MHX HM models compare to the Batson RX8 & Loomis IMX?

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: December 18, 2013 01:02AM

SSP767-1 North Fork Composite blank for the 7600L. For a graphite match, I would call. Personally I think the GL3 or IM6 versions of the G Loomis blanks were superior to the Shikari. There are a lot of 2 power popping rod blanks similar to the IMX p842. I'm building some 7 1/2 ft versions right now that feel/work very similar.

Date: December 18, 2013 10:13AM

great stuff guys. i love nfc hm blanks and i built a 767-1 hm a couple years ago and its a great rod but i still want to build one last shikari. i'm a creature of habit and don't like painted blanks. i think shikari tried and succeeded at matching imx blanks better than anyone else.

Posted by: Razvan Matei (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: December 18, 2013 01:18PM

Posted by: Razvan Matei (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: December 18, 2013 01:41PM

[web.archive.org]
[web.archive.org]
[web.archive.org]
[web.archive.org]

couldn't find a working sh3

Date: December 18, 2013 04:10PM

wow thanks man...... whew that was awesome. i have built a couple top atc blanks and found them wanting and nothing like the shx. i have built many phs 7900's and think they are the best all around blank ever [only 1 left]. thank you razvan you have reinvigorated me, my new mission in life is to get an shxi 7000 and build the ultimate dropshot rod so help me god.

Date: December 19, 2013 02:08PM

ok who lives near versitex i want to go but nobody wants to sit in my car with me for 13 hours to go look for a blank.

Posted by: Dewey Linski (---.dhcp.dlth.mn.charter.com)
Date: December 19, 2013 08:50PM

robert kravic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ok who lives near versitex i want to go but nobody
> wants to sit in my car with me for 13 hours to go
> look for a blank.

If your still looking for a shikari 7600 shx, I have one you can buy for $80.00 DeweyLinski djccsl@yahoo.com

Re: i want a 7000 shx or p 842 imx
Date: December 19, 2013 09:04PM

thats one

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster