I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Help creating weave pattern
Posted by: Scott Cmelik (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: October 17, 2013 09:21PM

I am trying to create a weave pattern for my fathers christmas present and I am really struggling to try and get it done by hand. I create a smaller 50 thread pattern but trying to increase it to 90-100 threads is really kicking my butt. Would anyone that has visual weave or @#$%& be willing to help me out? Please shoot me an email at scmelik@gmail.com and I can send you the picture.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help creating weave pattern
Posted by: Pat Doyle (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: October 18, 2013 08:25AM

Hi Scott, Not quite sure what your problem is, but assuming that you are using graph paper over a picture to make your pattern, you can enlarge the picture on most copiers, 25%, 50% etc. Then again lay the graph paper over the picture and see if this gives you the size pattern you're trying to get. I hope this is of some help.

Pat Doyle

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca.btas.verizon.net)
Date: October 18, 2013 09:55AM

Scott; send me an E-Mail to, jandjupton@earthlink.net, along with the picture of what you want. I'll try to help. The problem we will have is, I will not be able to E-Mail the pattern back to you unless you have the program I use to make it, so I will have to print it and mail it to you. A color change weave will take some time depending on the number of colors and detail.

DragonMaster

Posted by: Scott Cmelik (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: October 18, 2013 04:52PM

Pat Doyle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Scott, Not quite sure what your problem is,
> but assuming that you are using graph paper over a
> picture to make your pattern, you can enlarge the
> picture on most copiers, 25%, 50% etc. Then again
> lay the graph paper over the picture and see if
> this gives you the size pattern you're trying to
> get. I hope this is of some help.
>
> Pat Doyle

Pat I tried blowing it up on my copier and I don't get a the full picture only part, I don't have the greatest copier just a cheap printer/scanner/copier from walmart so that might be part of my problem. The biggest problem I am having is getting the scaling correct, when I try to draw it bigger by just looking at my old pattern that I made the scaling gets all screwed up. I am by no means an artist so its no surprise I can't draw this.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 18, 2013 06:35PM

Maybe this will help 12 years of info on printers

[rodbuilding.org]

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Pat Doyle (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: October 19, 2013 09:04AM

OK Scott, it seems like we may be on the right path. What I'd recommend now is to take your picture to a copier shop and they should be able to enlarge it for you ..... maybe 8 1/2 X 11 will work, or even larger paper that most of those shops have in stock. This may, depending on the finished size require you to use the same size graph paper, or tape several sheets of graph paper together so that you can draw the pattern.

Good luck,

Pat

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster