I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod blanks used in the FLW
Posted by: Ken Burgess (---.qcl9.cha.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 21, 2013 01:42AM

Hi Guys
I am from Australia and I am trying to find out what blanks they use and the lengths
Any assistance in resolving this would be appreciated

Ken

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod blanks used in the FLW
Posted by: Dale Holmes (---.lns2.bat.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 21, 2013 05:24AM

What is the FLW?

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 21, 2013 08:33AM

HERE

[search.yahoo.com]

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Forrest Peters (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: August 21, 2013 11:40AM

It is a step down from the Bass Masters. They use any length and MH to H. They also use the logo on the shirt for rods.

Lone Wolf Rods
"Keep your powder dry and your lines wet"
God Bless

Posted by: Rolly Beenen (---.ontariopowergeneration.com)
Date: August 21, 2013 12:11PM

Ken
Not certain what you are asking here? The FLW has rods that are given out as you enter an event. but each angler in the tournement has his own arsenal of rods of various lenghts and power .

Rolly Beenen
Rovic Custom Rods

Posted by: Bob McKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 21, 2013 03:33PM

Most of the top name Pros that fish the FLW, professional bass fishing circuit, have companies that sponsor them with their rods. FLW stands for Forrest L Wood, the man that started the Ranger Boat Company. The professional bass fishing tournament series was named after Mr Wood. FLW also has many well know fishing tackle companies, boat manufacturers, boat motor companies, corporate businesses and Wal Mart that sponsor the tournaments. FLW just completed their annual Forrest L. Wood Cup tournament and the winning angler was greeted with a $500,000.00 first place check. During the course of the year, they have several tournaments at various levels. The series that FLW calls their Tour Events, will generally guarantee a first place check of $125,000.00 for each of those events and paying back as many as 50 placements. They also have other series besides the Tour events, such as the Everstart series and Bass Fishing League (BFL). FLW also has tournaments for Collegiate and High School Anglers. Link - www.flwoutdoors.com

Bob McKamey
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
bobm@mudhole.com

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: August 21, 2013 06:43PM

Forrest Peters Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is a step down from the Bass Masters.

That's not my take on things ... but to each his own. Bob's description is the best posted, it can be reviewed for appropriate information.

Posted by: Joe Vanfossen (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: August 21, 2013 07:32PM

Ken,

As noted, the pros have companies that sponsor them with rods, but many of them have specialty rods that aren't offered by their sponsor that are custom built. As far as length, many rods will be 7'-8' depending on the application. Some may still use shorter rods in some applications, but not as often as in the past. A few blanks that you should take a look at are the Swampland T1, Swampland RFLE series. In addition, take a look at the blanks from your favorite manufacturer designated MagBass (particularly MB843 and 844), as well specialty blanks for drop shot, frogs, and flipping/punching. This will give you a good idea of what these guys are using. For more info definitely talk to the boys at Swampland and Alex at Hydra. They are really in touch with what the tourney guys need.

Joe

Posted by: Ken Burgess (---.qcl9.cha.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 21, 2013 09:33PM

Thank you all for your replies

Ken

Posted by: bobby stout (147.58.99.---)
Date: August 26, 2013 10:19AM

Me and my Grandsons spent 3 days at the FLW Cup. We are also avid goers of the BassMaster Classic the difference that we notice is not as many different vendors at the FLW mostly just FLW sponsers. BAssMaster Clasic will be almost 2 times the vendors. The real differnce that i notice is FLW is geaered more to young anglers than BassMaster however for 2014 BAss is offereing high shcool teams i think they are catching on the real need for any program is the younger generations to be involved. The same as we with the rod building passion. As for as what type of Rods Mr. Bob has defined it well i only remember one of the angler who fished the finals that mention he used custom built rods. My grandson's has several differnent manufacturer's rods, they are sponsered by one however the go to rod is still built by GrandPa's custom rods. They use from 6' to 7"6" rods depends on what lure they use and the conditons they are fishing in. It isdifferent that when i grew up had a 4'6" spring steel rod with a pluger reel fished every lure i had Lucky13 a river runt and spinner baits. Amazing how many rod and reel combo they will have in a boat to fish with.

Bobby Stout
Bloomburg, TX

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster