I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Microwave and Wind Knots
Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: July 24, 2013 07:06PM

Roger we had about the same posts, but mine was much shorter. :>)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Darrin Heim (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: July 25, 2013 12:39PM

No worries Jim, I am not old enough to remember the Model T so I wouldn’t know the dates, especially since they aren’t driven anymore. The Cone Of Flight or some variation of it, is still widely used around the world and an accepted theory.

Thank you for the congrats.

Darrin

Posted by: Todd Theodore (---.fuse.net)
Date: July 26, 2013 10:55PM

The total absence of braid knots has been a great relief for me this year and I give the MW guide system all the credit. No knots even when using a weightless soft jerk minnow (fluke) which has always been the killer for creating knots. I've also used the newer high frame Fuji's that are awesome. But, still couldn't stop the knots. The MW's have. And they increase casting efficiency. I'm a believer because I'm a user.
Thanks AT

Posted by: Chester Kiekhafer (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: July 30, 2013 04:26PM

Spooling the line as per Roger and Randolph suggested is the best way of the two, but not prefect. I say this for the reason that the reel spool is not the same size as the thread spool. In most cases the thread spool will be larger than the reel spool. If the spools (or loops) were the same size then no line twist, but seeing how (in most cases) the spools are different you will have line twist when filling your spool. I always un-spool my reels after filling while moving on the water to remove line twist.

Chester

May your line be tight and your beverages be cold!

Posted by: Jim Scott (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: July 30, 2013 04:31PM

Thanks for the information everyone.
I have come to the conclusion that I am the problem and that to fix the problem I will need a 12pk of cold ones, a boat and a long slow ride. might as well do all the rods while I'm out....@#$%& to be me.

J Scott
Englewood, Fl

Posted by: Carlos Saravia (---)
Date: October 28, 2020 07:40PM

I have had a wind not break a pac may mínima match guide in half. Wish I was joking. By wind knot here I mean the type of knot that the Fuji K guides were designed to stop - where the line overruns the guide and a cross wind loops it around the guide. My issue is with the loop/bird’s nests previously described, which occur when loosely spooled line unravel as you are casting. My issue wasn’t with improper spooling under little to no tension, however. My issue was because I was also using a light jig head and was making very broad twitches with the entire rod, which caused loose line to be packed onto my spook. That and hard casting. If you’ve tried everything else and are still having these knots, I’d be willing to bet it’s the way you are working and retrieving your lure.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster