I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

7'6 3 piece blank?
Posted by: Will Dea (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: June 09, 2013 09:59PM

Hey fellas, any recommendations for a 7'6 3 piece or 4 piece spinning blank fast taper and light action?

I found the MHX 7'6 ML blank but just a little bit heavier line and lure weight.

Looking for a travel rod blank for trout fishing while I travel, casting spinners and Kastmasters using 4-8lb test and 1/4 to 3/8oz lure weights.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Will

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 7'6 3 piece blank?
Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns5.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 09, 2013 10:21PM

Hi Will,
DBlue, sponsor on the left have 7'6" 4 piece nano technology blanks. The DB12TCBLK761L would be close to what you want. 4-12lb. Not listed on the website so you will need to contact Lily on info@dbluefishing.com to get all the details.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Will Dea (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: June 09, 2013 11:53PM

Thanks Col for the reply.

What is your experience with the blanks?

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns5.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 10, 2013 01:50AM

Hi will,
They had some at the Expo and guys like Mark Crouse were impressed and he has bought some. I have ordered quite a few but they won't be here until the end of the month.
Lily is a nice lady and will do what she can to ensure your satisfied. Send her an email to get more details but they are definitely worth a look.. They just got a container load of goods so she might have one in stock.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: John Martines (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: June 10, 2013 11:06AM

Talon Graphite has made 3pc travel rods for years. They have a bunch of 7'0 models in the range your looking for.

Posted by: Bruce Frierdich (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: June 10, 2013 11:48AM

Mud Hole offers a 7 1/2 3 piece fly rod blank that is listed as extra fast. I have been thinking of building one up as a spinning blank. Should be nice for panfish and stream trout and easy to pack.

Posted by: Will Dea (---.dsl.sca.megapath.net)
Date: June 10, 2013 05:12PM

Hi John, looked into the Talon's but nothing listed on their website for those models. Do you have a specific link?

Hi Bruce, I've scanned through the website and don't see the listing, can you link me please?

Thanks!

Posted by: John Martines (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: June 11, 2013 09:25AM

Will give them a call they have way more then what is listed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster