I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Recoil micro guides - sizing and tip?
Posted by: Angelo Fucci (---.clienti.tiscali.it)
Date: April 27, 2013 06:50AM

Dear All,
My name is Angelo and I am an italian spinner and, hopefully, a future rod builder.
I'd like start mounting for spinning a Lamiglas LP 843 blank with Recoild micro guides starting from 16 and then 8 4 4 4 4 4.
Problem is which tip. Smallest Recoil tip is bigger then RSPG M 4 ID.
I can mount another RSPG M 4 instead of tip or It's better to use a different (Fuji?) tip more suitable for Recoil micro size?
Each suggestion or comment is welcommed.
Angelo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Recoil micro guides - sizing and tip?
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 27, 2013 08:19AM

It won't make that much difference, other than how it looks. You could just wrap one of the #4 guides on there as a tip.

Date: April 27, 2013 09:03AM

Yes, It is an option.
And what do you think about sizing?
A.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: April 27, 2013 09:05AM

I use Fuji TFST top with RECoil guides.

Date: April 27, 2013 09:20AM

Hello Jim, thank for your answer. Fuji TFST top matches Recoil RSPG M 4 ID?
A.

Date: April 27, 2013 09:24AM

And what about using RSF Recoil fly guides instead of RSPG M guides in a spinning rod? They are ligher but braid can easily touch blank ...
A.

Posted by: Dan Grulke (166.94.128.---)
Date: April 27, 2013 09:56AM

I am with Jim i use the fuji TFST Top. The color matches well and the fuji tip looks a lot better than your recoil option. The fuji TFST goes down to a 5.5 ring. If that difference is a big deterent then you could go with the fuji TFCST or Fuji TLGST which are fuji titanium SIC micro series and that will get you down to 4.5 size ring. Hope that helps

Dan Grulke

Posted by: Dan Grulke (166.94.128.---)
Date: April 27, 2013 10:03AM

I haven't built with the REC micro guides. However I have built several spinning rods with REC guides. I definately prefer the RSPG series of guides and use those in size 6 for running guides as oppossed to the REC single foot REC light fly guides/spinning guides as runners. In my opinion, not that it matters, the RSPG guides look better and cleaner than the REC light fly/spinning guides. If it where me I would use the RSPG micro guides as to me they look more "professional" although I am sure the others would work as well.

Thanks,

Dan Grulke

Date: April 27, 2013 01:00PM

Yes Dan, It helps.
I was looking a lot on internet to find Recoil guides specification but I was not able to find a complete description.
On RodBuilding.org I have found a file but micro guides are missing.
It would be very interesting to know ID, OD, weight and so on description in order to compare the different options but, despite this information should be available, It is hard to find.
You know where to look for it?
Angelo

Date: April 27, 2013 01:05PM

My purpose is to build the ligher rod I am able to do in order to increase responsiveness and sensibility.
So I'm looking for the ligher guides, the ligher real seat, skeleton is better, and so on.
RSF fly guides are lighter RSPG guides but my concern is if braid line touch the blank, very easy with fly guides where part of the circle is missing.
Angelo

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.lightspeed.frokca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 27, 2013 02:44PM

Angelo,

Here is a link

[www.rodbuildingtutorials.com]

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Date: April 27, 2013 02:59PM

Thank you Raymond (hoping Raymond is the your first name :) ). I already know this Recoil specs but, unfortunately, some guides, such as micro guides, are missing.
Angelo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster