I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Had a Blast!!!
Posted by: Mike Pedersen (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2013 12:39PM

Team Riley Rods (me and my better half Vikki) had an absolutely great time being back at The Show!

Thank you to everyone, old friends and new. We truly appreciate all the support, kind words and feedback in regards to our Carbon Fiber and Composite Grips products and process. It really helps us to improve.

To all that were able to attend my Seminar, I hope you picked something up and were inspired to try making your own.

And of course, Thanks Tom, you always deliver the goods. Winston-Salem was a nice change of pace too.

All ready looking forward to next year!

Riley Rods-Hard Core Grips to Go!-----Carbon Fiber - Composite Grip Store-----Capt Mike's Blog-----No Excuses Fishing Charters

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Had a Blast!!!
Posted by: Don Morse (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: February 26, 2013 12:56PM

I for sure enjoyed talking to you and REALLY picked up a lot in the seminar you gave. I can not wait to start making some.

Posted by: Larry Ohara (---.clppva.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 26, 2013 03:15PM

Mike,
Thank you for the 'eyes-on' explanation of the Carbon fiber handle process. I think I got the process down now.
Let’s see some 'subdued/flat' colors (OD-green, browns, tans).
Might entice some of those old fashion Bamboo guys to try them out.

I'm already looking at pigments to experiment with.

Thanks again.

Larry

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.midsouth.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2013 04:01PM

Hi Mike,
Learned a lot from your seminar but you cost me more moey! Let us know when you post that video as I'm sure to forget some of it.Thanks for the effort you put in.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Steve Hartzell (---.rsvlcmta01.rlvlar.lr.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: February 26, 2013 04:26PM

Mike, I really enjoyed your seminar, got lucky and was sitting in the front row. You've streamlined the process so well and made it easy fro the rest of us.

Posted by: Craig Mullins (---.dhcp.mtgm.al.charter.com)
Date: February 26, 2013 11:45PM

Really enjoyed the seminar, and it made the process a lot more approachable. I have made 3 cores already, and should have some handles made in no time. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster