I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Computer Suggestions?
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: December 20, 2012 08:37PM

Dave,
If you have a good or new battery for a laptop and want to extend its life- charge it up and take it out of the computer and store the battery until you need portability.

The battery life goes down because the battery is always being charged to a small extent.
But, if the battery is out of the machine, it isn't being charged.

this will equal longer battery life.

When you read through the support notes for some lap tops on their manufacturing site, you may find notes to that effect.

I found it on the manufacturer's site of my last laptop.

Be safe
Roger

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Russell Brunt (165.214.14.---)
Date: December 21, 2012 07:48AM

Lenovo Thinkpads are a solid choice. But they may be more than you wish to pay.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: December 21, 2012 10:04AM

Hello ALL.

Thanks for your help so far.

I'm now looking at a DELL I17R-1579SVL, any coments good bad or indifferent?

Once Again Thanks for your help.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Jim Scott (---.tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: December 22, 2012 09:28AM

Bob,
I am a computer draftsman by day and have always used Dell at my office for my workstations and field laptops. Probably 4 or 6 in the last 15years. You can't go wrong with Dell exspecially if you ''build your own'' to get the features you require such as additoinal Ram and Upgraded video card etc. I also have had good lock lately at my home with the HP G series lap tops. I currently have three and they all work great for a pick up off the shelf at Sam's Club computuer. You will not need the most expensive but don't go for the cheapest either pick up a good middle of the road product and you will be happy.

Just my 2c.

Merry Christmas

J Scott
Englewood, Fl

Posted by: Milt deReyna (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 22, 2012 06:51PM

All anybody can do is answer your question by relating their own experiences. All I can do is tell you mine. In the last 3 years, I have outfitted 1 kid, and 3 Grandkids with refurbed laptops. All 4 of them are still going strong, even with all the dumb things teenagers do to computers. You get the full warranty after it gets refurbed at the factory, so there's no reason to be leery of them, in my opinion. And the cost is just stupid, compared to a new one. For all intensive purposed, the refurb is new. One like this will do everything you need it to do, as far as rodbuilding is concerned. It doesn't have a huge hard drive, but you can find models with more storage without a problem, or get an external for backup, which you should have anyway. [www.newegg.com]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster