I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Sandy & The NERBs
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 02, 2012 10:26AM

I correspond with a lot of people on here and just wanted to let you know what's gone on at NERBs HQ the past few days. HEre's a pic of my shop: [www.rodbuilding.org]. Water filled teh garage from top to bottom, fortunately the majority of my inventory & property was moved up into my 1st floor. Last night a friend called a cop and had a police car stationed in front of my house so it was not looted. THey are there now taking all of my valuables out of the house. I will be returning home from Chicago tonight to start a new chapter in my life.

I know a few people have e-mailed me orders and I just havent' returned them, I'm sorry about that. At this point I'm looking forward to ending up with a newly built shop, that's my focus and my positive thinking fuel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sandy & The NERBs
Posted by: Russell Brunt (165.214.14.---)
Date: November 02, 2012 10:32AM

Wow, sorry to hear this Billy. I'm in Miami area so I'm used to hurricanes. I'm always surprised at their level of destruction in northern areas.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Posted by: Jim Scott (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: November 02, 2012 10:41AM

Billy,
Keep up the great attitude. Hopefully no one was hurt. Belongings can be replaced and from the devastation of NERBs central a newer, cleaner more efficient shop will emerge.
I watched Punta Gorda just to the south of me get flattend by Charlie in 2004. What was an old and deteriorated little town is now a beautifully rebiult and lively restored village. Much better than before the storm. You have long battle ahead but in the end it will work out for the best.
Good Luck to you and evereyone who suffered loss from the storm.

J Scott
Englewood, Fl

Posted by: Bill Cohen (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: November 02, 2012 12:29PM

Sorry to hear that Bill Hope everything turns out well

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 02, 2012 12:37PM

Biily, so sorry to hear about your tragic loss! It must be especially exasperating to be away and unable get home. You obviously will have a lot of work ahead of you to get things back in shape, but with your energy and positive attitude it will happen!

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lnse3.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: November 02, 2012 03:55PM

Hi Billy,
Phil is correct, you have the right attitude and energy to make it right and you will do so. Somestimes good things can come from bad events so I hope that is the case for you. Get home safely and take care with all the work in front of you. I'd say you'll get the odd helper.
Regards to your neighbours who also lost out.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: John Martines (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 02, 2012 04:05PM

NERBS HQ will be back and better. We just need to get us all on board and hit it when the time comes!!

Posted by: Les Stewart (---.rh5.cm.dyn.comporium.net)
Date: November 02, 2012 04:26PM

I've been wondering how you made out ever since hearing that there was a lot of damage done on Staten Island. I hope you are able to get things taken care of soon. I've had more than my share of hurricane experiences and none left happy memories. I wish you much good luck!

Posted by: Ed Hermoyian (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: November 03, 2012 06:16AM

Knowing you and the NERB attitude, a bigger and better HQ will emerge! Keep that infectious attitude and smile! God Bless.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.static.o1.com)
Date: November 04, 2012 02:02AM

Billy & the other North East Rod Builders,

If funds are needed to put things back together for any or all of you I'd like to set up something on my website for accepting donations specificly targeted to help the NERBS recover from Sandy's rath.

The Rod Builder's Library gets hit's from all over the globe but mostly from USA visiters and I'm sure we could raise a bone or two to toss your way in your hour of need.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster