I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Ultimate Epoxy Gel question...
Posted by: Hunter Armstrong (---.rcmdva.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 17, 2012 03:39PM

As I only build a few rods each year, and since I've been a bit involved in the care of an out-of-town elderly parent the past few years, I guess I haven't been paying as much attention to the world of rodbuilding as I should. Or, at least, I've been ignoring some of the industry's developments. Which brings me to my question: which of the three Ultimate Epoxy Gels available from RodDancer most closely resembles the original product sold by Lamar? I am about to exhaust my supply and went on-line to replenish. It seems to me that the Ultimate Epoxy Gel I am currently using takes several hours to cure. Unfortunately, all the retailers whose sites I visited seem to be stocking only the two faster versions. (Which brings up another sore issue with me: a lot of the suppliers here could probably increase their on-line business if they made their websites more user friendly. I am constantly finding images that won't load, no mention of shipping policies, links that fail, etc. It doesn't inspire confidence. As a rule, I look to the sponsors of this site first when buying supplies, but if my e-business is so lightly regarded, well... Additionally, I usually end up buying from dealers listed to the left, but the ones with functional sites, or, at least, fully informative sites, are the ones that end up with my custom. Sorry for the rant, but if you've invested the time and money to have a website, visit it occasionally from an off-site computer to get an idea of what your potential customers are seeing.) At any rate, is the one I want the slower curing version, and, if so, who actually stocks it? I would have thought Fishsticks carried it, but I cannot tell.
Slainte,
Hunter

From ghoulies and ghosties,
and long leggedy beasties,
and things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord deliver us!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ultimate Epoxy Gel question...
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 17, 2012 03:53PM

Is this what you are looking for
[roddancer.com]
There is a slow that sounds like what you are looking for
I use rod bond regular has to dry overnight I take it you are gluing handles and seats on a blank ???

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Brandon Gay (---.rsvlcmta01.rlvlar.lr.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: October 17, 2012 04:02PM

I've been using Rod Dancer's 15 min gel epoxy and absolutely love it. It is easier to clean up than the other brands which has saved me several times. As far as the websites go I agree. I prefer to just email my orders so they can let me know before shipping if they don't have something. Also if it is not listed on the website then you can ask. I think most people including myself use Mudholes website for window shopping and then place orders with your favorite supplier. Get bit has updated their site and they have great customer service.

Posted by: Jerry Cook (---.dhcp.stls.mo.charter.com)
Date: October 17, 2012 05:05PM

I agree with Hunter on the web sites. There are several listed to the left here, that I have a lot of problems loading images. As a wholesale buyer, their shipping terms and policies are not always listed, or very clear if stated. Best thing I've found, is to just make a phone call. I have my supplier web site up and catalog on my desk when I call in an order. I can ask a questiona and get an answer right on the spot. It's what works for me.

Posted by: Roger Templon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 17, 2012 07:48PM

Hunter

I use Ultimate Gel 15 with excellent results. Even on tip tops! 15-30 mins. to start setting and several hours for a full set. Good stuff.

Rog

Posted by: Scott D parsons (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 20, 2012 02:18PM

Hunter,
Sorry for the late post, I have been off grid for a few days. Some suppliers that stock our slow cure is Get bit, Anglers Workshop and Jann's. Please contact me directly if you have any problems and I will be glad to get you what you need from our great suppliers.
Thanks
Scott Parsons

Scott Parsons
919-900-8998
[www.roddancer.com]
[www.fishhawkthreads.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster