I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

slide bands / rings
Posted by: Laurent Keiff (---.univ-lille3.fr)
Date: September 14, 2012 09:46AM

hi
a friend of mine would like to buy a couple of rings/slide bands to hold the reel foot on a very light build. Do you know where one can buy them?
thanks

Prostaff Rodhouse
[www.rodhouse.fr]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: slide bands / rings
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: September 14, 2012 10:00AM

Date: September 14, 2012 10:37AM

Roger: thank. I'm sorry, I should have been more precise, the slide rings are for a light fly rod, and should be metallic. Preferably gunsmoke or black.

Prostaff Rodhouse
[www.rodhouse.fr]

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 14, 2012 10:40AM

Take a look at most any suppliers on the left

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Chris Gappmayer (---.webb-static.awinetworks.net)
Date: September 14, 2012 04:45PM

You can get black aluminum slip rings at Janns Netcraft but they are wider than I like, more suited for use as a spinning reel seat which is what they are marketed as. Janns also caries a preformed grip/reelseat with slide bands as well but they are not black. You can also find cap and ring skeleton/hardware sets made by struble or others on most of the sites on the left but if you need two rings you'd have to buy two sets. I can't even find double slide ring seats by any of the major manufactures anymore. I have found a guy who makes pretty good ones and sells them on a non-sponsor site but he only makes them in nickle silver, not black. I don't know how to do private messages or to unhide my email on this site to have you contact me or I'd share. Any guidance on doing either of those things?

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2012 04:49PM by Chris Gappmayer.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: September 14, 2012 04:46PM

You can click on Laurent's name and if his email is unhidden you can email him from there.

Date: September 14, 2012 04:49PM

His email is hidden but I did figure out how to unhide mine so Laurent, if you're interested shoot me an email.

Posted by: Laurent Keiff (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: September 14, 2012 05:15PM

bill I'm sorry but I can't find them anywhere. I'm not looking for a downlocking reel seat, but just a pair of metal rings to hold the reel foot, the kind you can see here:
[ultralightflyfishing.com]

Prostaff Rodhouse
[www.rodhouse.fr]

Posted by: Eugene Moore (---.dhcp.stls.mo.charter.com)
Date: September 14, 2012 06:22PM

Laurent,

[www.genuinebellinger.com]

A little pricey but, exquisite quality

Gene

Date: September 14, 2012 06:30PM

I found the Bellinger seats when I was looking and they are very nice but they do not show a double slide band seat on their website which means if that is what you wanted you would have to buy to sets of hardware, doubling the already high cost, and wind up scrapping a bunch of it. I never did call them but maybe if you did, they would be willing to put something custom together for you.

Date: September 15, 2012 01:30AM

Chris, I sent you a mail. Eugene, thank you!

Prostaff Rodhouse
[www.rodhouse.fr]

Posted by: sam fox (108.59.99.---)
Date: September 15, 2012 09:23AM

Get in touch with John at Anglers Roost on the list of sponsers he has what you want. You may not see it on his site but you can give him a call and he will fix you up.

Posted by: Ron Hossack (---.spok.qwest.net)
Date: September 16, 2012 01:00AM

I have some Orvis slide bands around here somewhere ... if you can't find what you are looking for I'll be happy to dig through my boxes and see if I can locate them.

Date: September 16, 2012 06:14AM

Sam: thanks, good idea.
Ron: thanks a lots! I'll give my friend your mail, maybe he'll contact you.

Prostaff Rodhouse
[www.rodhouse.fr]

Posted by: Walt Natzke (---.dhcp.trlk.ca.charter.com)
Date: September 17, 2012 03:26AM

REC makes a double-ring slide band seat:

[reelseats.com]

Walt Natzke
Ripon, CA

Date: September 17, 2012 05:22AM

thanks Walt

Prostaff Rodhouse
[www.rodhouse.fr]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster