I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

May 5th Turning Demo/Instruction
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 29, 2012 04:35PM

Saturday, May 5th, 2012 will be the date for the turning demo and presentation by Morris Schlesinger. The cost is $35 which includes the day-long presentation, along with some hands-on work, and lunch. We'll get underway about 9AM and work on until about 4PM with a break for lunch.

Normally, such teaching instruction from Morris costs several hundred dollars.

I'm going to limit this to 20 people so everyone can get some personal instruction. If you wish to attend, you must reserve your space by payment to:

RodMaker
PO Box 1322
High Point, NC 27261

The location will be the RodMaker "tool shed" here in High Point. More details will be provide when reservations are made.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: May 5th Turning Demo/Instruction
Posted by: Larry Ohara (---.clppva.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 29, 2012 05:31PM

I spent my 1st couple of hours Saturday, at Morris Schlesinger's booth watching and talking with him at the expo. I also went to his lecture...and then went back to watch him turn acrylics.. maybe 4 + hours worth...and if I was closer I would pay the $35 to spend the day in High Point with him. If Woodcraft had showed up I probably would have bought me a lathe.

Thanks again Tom for a great show!

Larry

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 29, 2012 05:34PM

Woodcraft pulled a fast one on me, but I won't go into that here.

Penn State Industries sent a representative to gauge the show and I was informed today that if there is a 2013 Expo they would like to be involved.

Posted by: John Repaci (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: February 29, 2012 05:41PM

What do you mean, IF!!!!

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
John in Wethersfield, CT

Posted by: David Gilberg (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 29, 2012 09:47PM

Tom;
Please delete "if" from your vocabulary with regard to all future Expos.
Seriously... they have become vital to the happiness of so many people like me.

Posted by: John Samuels (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: February 29, 2012 10:36PM

Count me in...

Posted by: Lavon Williams (---.ncren.net)
Date: March 05, 2012 03:19PM

Would Morris Schlesinger's Demo/Instruction be appropriate for someone new (really new) to rod bulding and who has never turned, but it interested in learning? Would love to attend, but don't want to take space away from someone else if the session is too avanced for a novice like me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster