I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

I'm in trouble
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 17, 2012 08:13PM

Help, I'm in trouble at home! I dripped some Cork Seal on our hardwood kitchen floor and it was not discovered (by you know who) until it was dry. What can I use to remove it with damaging the flooring. Already tried water and Windex, no help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm in trouble
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 17, 2012 08:42PM

Here's what I'd do - tomorrow morning I'd call Trondak U-40 and ask Danny or Walt what would be best to try and remove it with. They know what's in it and what might possibly dissolve it.

Date: January 17, 2012 08:56PM

Thank you Tom! I'll call them in the AM

Posted by: Robbie Smith (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2012 09:16PM

If that does not work, look at the Tidy pen from Microcare for a less aggressive approach. It is not designed for this application but I think it might work. A more aggressive approach is Powerclean, also from Microcare.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: January 17, 2012 09:25PM

Phil,
Try some Xylene in a small corner of the hardwood floor. If you have a good finish on the floor, the xylene will not hurt the floor.

The Xylene will cut the cork seal in a heart beat.

Take care

Roger

Posted by: Joe Azar (---.sub-174-252-211.myvzw.com)
Date: January 17, 2012 10:14PM

A nice throw rug would look nice.
Sorry, hate to kick a man when he's down. If I had a dollar for every time I screwed up, I'd be a wealthy man.

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.skylan.net)
Date: January 19, 2012 07:30AM

a few years ago we had our kitchen completely redone. Shortly there after some one I know, spilled a few drops of super glue on the counter tops. I try to keep a hot pad on top of the mark so some one else I know may not see it so often.

It doesn`t really help that much.

I wonder how Joe`s rug would look up there?

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Date: January 19, 2012 09:57PM

FYI I called Trondak and the recommendation was: "place a damp cloth over the spill for about 15 minutes, then scrape with something like a credit card." Lo and behold, it worked like a charm......I am now out of the dog house....at least temporarily!

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 20, 2012 06:23PM

May be you should buy her a new car ???

LOL

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Kirk_Miller (204.108.0.---)
Date: January 22, 2012 11:24AM

Phil from the sounds of it you need a shop to be doing your rodbuilding, and now is the perfect time to bring the subject up. Don't be shy about it, when your down on all four cleaning that spot up just keep going on about all the work you have to go through to get that spot up. You will need to finish each gripe off about how a dedicated workspace would prevent this from happening.

Honestly I hope you get the spot up without too much trouble

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster