I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
More
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 13, 2012 09:39AM

Two more exhibitors as of this morning:

EXHIBITORS/VENDORS

As of January 13, 2012

Advanced Fishing

AFTCO Mfg.

American Tackle

Angler's Envy

Angler Innovations

Angler's Resource (Fuji)

Angler's Roost

Batson/Rainshadow/ALPs

Bingham Enterprises

Century Rod Blanks

Decal Connection

Fishsticks

Get Bit Outdoors

Hatteras Jack's

Hydra Fishing, LLC

Jim Upton Weaving

Jelinek Cork Group

Ken and Lana Preston Rods

Lamiglas, Inc.

Mar Ktruz LDA Cork

Merrick Tackle

Mickels Custom Rods

Mud Hole Custom Tackle

NERBS - Northeast Rod Builders

North Fork Composites

Pacific Bay, Inc.

Phenix Rods and Blanks

Renzetti, Inc.

Riley Rods

Roddancer

RodMaker Magazine

Rota Tip 360

Schlesinger Wood Turning

Seeker Rod Company

Skin Shop USA

Stradabay

St. Croix Rods

Sticks 'N Bones

Swampland

Talon Graphite

Tiage USA

Tour Star Products

Trondak U-40

WoodCraft

More TBA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More
Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.reliablehosting.com)
Date: January 13, 2012 10:15AM

No hot dog vendors?

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: January 13, 2012 10:20AM

Hello James

I hope not; But "Mr. B'S", heck yea!

Good day.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Date: January 13, 2012 10:24AM

There is a full service food vendor in the Atrium. I don't count them as an exhibitor.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.georgewall.com)
Date: January 13, 2012 01:06PM

I wouldn't consider that food either.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Richard Glabach (158.74.35.---)
Date: January 13, 2012 01:18PM

Merrick carries a broad ranger of product but typically sells through dealers. Will they be selling rod building supplies to us hobbyists at the show?

Date: January 13, 2012 01:28PM

Fred,

I think if you compare their food (they cook on premises) and prices to what is most commonly offered at consumer shows, they do one heck of a job. Less than 10 miles away at the Bass and Saltwater Expo in Greensboro that same weekend, a foil wrapped hot dog and a bottled coke will cost you $8.

Richard,

I have no idea what they may end up bringing.

Posted by: Bob McKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 13, 2012 02:33PM

As far as I am concerned, the breakfast served by the food vendor at the Show Place is hands down better than the breakfast served at the hotel.

Bob McKamey
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
bobm@mudhole.com

Posted by: David Spence (---.scansafe.net)
Date: January 13, 2012 02:43PM

I had my breakfast stolen at the hotel.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: January 13, 2012 02:45PM

Hello Bob

I'm with you on that one the food at the hotel is not fit for anyone but a vegetarian, if that.

Good Day!

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Date: January 13, 2012 03:02PM

David,

That's pretty interesting considering that you weren't even at the Expo this past year. But, it's certainly no more far fetched than what a few others would have you believe, and they weren't there either.

I would certainly stop short of calling "Oscar's Fine Foods" truly "fine," but when it comes to hot dogs, burgers, chicken, and BBQ, I think they're a huge cut above what you find at most trade shows and at least 1/2 the price. They operate a daily food grill on South Hamilton street here in High Point and have been around for about 30 years now. So they've got to be doing something right.

Posted by: Ken Finch (66.232.107.---)
Date: January 13, 2012 03:06PM

Which hotel? I stayed at the Adams/Hampton place and the food was out of this world! Breakfast or dinner. It was really good.

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.reliablehosting.com)
Date: January 13, 2012 04:04PM

David Spence Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had my breakfast stolen at the hotel.

Well you could wait a year and a half and then file against your homeowners insurance for replacement cost!

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: January 13, 2012 04:53PM

Bob Mc:

The only way the breakfast in the Atrium could be improved would by for your mother-in-law to bring Duck Biscuits and Gravy and I would bring Swampland Boudin for the consession lady to add to her fine breakfast. We could also close the food counter for offerings of Peach Shine from your private Icebox in the Barn.

I have no problem snacking on their burgers during the day! Pretty Good in Fact.

Posted by: Wes Motsinger (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: January 13, 2012 06:33PM

go to alex house on main st. or if you like good ribs carter bros. bbq is really good.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.26-24.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: January 13, 2012 08:30PM

I thought the hospitality, pricing and selection at the Atrium was VERY good for any convention. I have only missed one year to date. Over my lifetime, I have attended literally hundreds of events in different host cities and find the High Point Convention Center to be very nice ... clean restrooms, solid service, great parking, etc.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 14, 2012 12:32AM

Atriun has pretty good food and price and the ladies provide grear service!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: David Spence (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: January 14, 2012 02:38AM

James-I plan on doing just that. I've had a rough year with all the cancer and heart attacks and early-onset sociopathy. When I finish getting all those buckets of clear "goo" out of my driveway, I plan on meeting again with my law firm, Dewey, Cheatham and Howe. We're going for the deep-pockets-The City of High Point, State of NC, United States of America and the city of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. I don't understand that last part but I trust them. LOL

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 14, 2012 06:42AM

Wow, how did we get to here from where this post started? I thought we were above that here?

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.ppoe.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: January 14, 2012 11:47AM

I think I've been to the last 4 and the food served in the Atrium is great. The girls do a wonderful job. It is really refreshing after a half day of walking and looking and buying to have a place to sit down with a fellow rod builder and have a bit of food and conversation.
As for Bills breakfast menu,,, I'll pass, "Duck gravy and biscuits",,, "Boudin",,,,no way !

If you haven't been there, then you don't have an opinion.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster