I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Label Maker, Which One?
Posted by: Fred Trahan (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: December 15, 2011 09:47PM

Here's another plug for Decal Connection....Great service. I also use waterslide from local hobby stores.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greg LaPolla (69.106.136.---)
Date: December 15, 2011 11:02PM

Jeff -

I use adobe Illustrator. Whatever you use you it has to be vector graphics, I believe they can take ai or eps formats. The artwork you use has to be vector as well.

Greg

Posted by: JIM MOWL (---.stat.centurytel.net)
Date: December 16, 2011 03:17PM

For names I use a cricket cutter machine. I get some graphics vinyl from a local shop and cut names as small as 1/4 inch. Lable makers will probably not ptint in silver, gold or white. Cricket cutters are not that expensive and all that goes on the blank is the letters.

Posted by: Bert Nagy (---.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 16, 2011 03:58PM

Jeff,

The label is clear, not cloudy at all. If you tell me what you want on it, I will make you one and you can try it.

The reason I stick with the Brother label maker is that I have had bad luck with peel and stick decals. I built a "naked" graphite rod and put the factory peel and stick on as I had always done, and it did not look good. The lettering looked wavy, and was hard to read.

I read you needed to put down a layer of epoxy on "naked" graphite,

I did that on the second rod. The peel and stick looked even worse than the first one. I ended up pulling it off, and ultimately put one of my Brother labels on it.

Just my experience.

Brandon, I would be interested in the information on Desktop supplies labels. My email is in my profile.

Bert Nagy

Posted by: Brandon Gay (---.dsl.crchtx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 16, 2011 04:34PM

Here is a link for the crystal clear labels.

[www.desktopsupplies.com]

Posted by: Jeff Haley (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: December 16, 2011 06:40PM

Thanks Bert,

I would like to try on of yours..
I will send you the info..
Thank you very much...

Posted by: Mike Thompson (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: December 16, 2011 09:23PM

I understand what you want to do yourself, I would either use Decal Connection or practice writing on blanks. Some people can do it with very nice results, Im not one of them though...

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2011 12:33AM

I use Corel Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Photoshop with the decal paper from Swampland. That silver holographic paper is amazing.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: JIM MOWL (---.sub-75-198-52.myvzw.com)
Date: December 18, 2011 06:51PM

Removed, not a sponsor of the site...sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2011 06:53PM by JIM MOWL.

Posted by: Don Morse (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 20, 2011 09:27AM

I also use the crystal clear labels from desktop supplies....love em

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster