I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Chicago Gathering
Posted by: Jim Rippe (---.chcgilgm.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: October 29, 2011 08:23PM

Thank you Dan for hosting the event. Thank you Mark Blabaum for showing off those nice rods and for sharing alot of great knowledge with all of us. It was great to see Mike Barkley and Bob also. Mike, you have come across a great idea on those butt caps. Great day !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chicago Gathering
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 29, 2011 08:28PM

I'm so glad you guys are continuing to do this. I wish I could make it out there again, but I am glad that I was able to attend the first one at Dan's house in what...2005 or 2006? Great crew of guys are at teh Chicago gathering. Was nice to talk to you this afternoon. Wish I had a piece of Cheesecake!! lol.

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.yousq.net)
Date: October 29, 2011 08:33PM

Jim, I agree whole heartedly. It was great to see every one there and the food was great, Dan's pork and all the other food that people brought was a perfect meal. I now have to get on a diet to loose that extra 10 pounds that I put on at the gathering (lol). I even got a call from Billy on the way home, a great day all in all. Thanks again Dan for hosting the gathering and thanks to all that attended. Mark Blabaum

Posted by: Jay Weissler (---.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 29, 2011 09:25PM

Can't thank Dan enough for hosting. Was good to see everyone again (and meet new folks too)
Jay

Posted by: Dan Makauskas (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2011 11:19PM

Thanks to all that attended. I had a good time as always and the day just blew by. It is always cool to see new things and learn a little but the people are the main reason to do this every year. No question I'm a better builder since I started attending these type of gatherings and I know for sure I've had a incredible amount of fun, two great reasons to keep doing this.

And also, the cheesecake never disappoints.

Dan

Posted by: Jeff Leonard (---.lightspeed.caryil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 30, 2011 11:09AM

Hats off to Dan for hosting another wonderful event. One can always expect to pick up something new at each event. I even managed to leave with an extra piece of smoked salmon in my back pocket. Thanks again Dan.

Jeff Leonard

Muskyfsh

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: October 30, 2011 01:36PM

It was a great day!! Good to see all the faces again and catch up! That's what it's all about. If you ever within range of a builder's gathering, DON'T MISS IT!!

The info/techniques that Mark Blabaum shared was well worth the 6 hr drive!! What a wealth of knowledge! Thanks to Dan for hosting this annual get together and to everyone that participated!

Now it's on to the Ohio gathering!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Doug Lockwood (---.lightspeed.whtnil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 30, 2011 09:30PM

I would like to thank everyone I talked to.
I was very impressed with the level of sharing, the lack of ego and the impressive work.
A special thanks to our Host, Dan.
It was a day well spent and I will certainly come back in the future.

Doug

Posted by: Michael Sledden (---.176.42.254.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: October 31, 2011 01:07PM

Had a great time seeing everyone and meeting new people. As always the food was great and also learned a few new things to try sometime.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster