I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Tru-Flo Division ???
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 26, 2011 10:39PM

Yea

Just a bit

Bill - willierods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: John Martines (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: August 27, 2011 09:04AM

Chuck, Might be right! We might dismiss the product and never try it , but who knows it might work great. I wonder if they laughed at Edisons light bulb?? I'm not defending the product so much but just dismissing it doesn't make it bad or good. We need more people to come up with new ideas and take chances. The thing is if Fuji or Amtak came out with the product how many would jump on it??

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 27, 2011 09:17AM

I wonder if there is a type of coating inside that Megaphone thingie

i am not one for so much tradition like snakes on a fly rod, but at least have guides on a rod

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Charlie Smoote (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: August 27, 2011 01:12PM

John Martines Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>.The thing is if Fuji or
> Amtak came out with the product how many would
> jump on it??

Or Rich Forhan? JMHO C2

Posted by: Chuck Taylor (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 08, 2011 11:07AM

I received the same email from Tru-Flo Division and decided to try their new spinning rod guide. I did a test to see if casting improvement is true. I marked off casting distances using a standard 6’6” rod. Then I removed only the butt guide and replaced it with the Tru-Flo guide at the same position on the rod. BIG DIFFERENCE!! (about 20% further). Then I replaced all running guides with #10’s (micro style). YES!! That added even more distance (about another 5%). I sold that rod and even got a reorder plus some referral orders for the Tru-Flo product.

When you think about the concept, it makes a lot of sense; not only for casting improvement, but also for reduced line stress under pressure (fighting a big fish).

I’m sold on this product.

Has anyone else tried this?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster