I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Gudebrod is Back!
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 10, 2011 10:12AM

I just went to Merrick Tackle and saw an add that Gudebrod is back
Any one know of this Is the thread still as good Any one use the new stuff

Thanks

Bill - willierods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Sure they are
Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.reliablehosting.com)
Date: August 10, 2011 10:18AM

Gudebrod has been coming back for several years now. But you still cannot get any new thread from them. Last time I checked with a dealer they told me that the only thread they can get is stuff left over from several years ago.

Re: Sure they are
Date: August 10, 2011 10:25AM

I am going to send them an e-mail

Thanks

Heck I called Merrick and they say that they are starting to manufacture again Slowly but it is coming

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 10:51AM by bill boettcher.

Re: Gudebrod is Back!
Posted by: John Britt (---.200-68.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: August 10, 2011 11:10AM

One of our local distributors just got in a large shipment, hopefully it is new product
John

Posted by: james o mc atasney (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: August 10, 2011 11:31AM

to follow up what john had posted, they had recieved, colors & metallic & large spools of black (D) jimmy-mac

Posted by: Joe Willsen (---.isp.broadviewnet.net)
Date: August 10, 2011 12:19PM

I spoke to Merrick Tackle a few weeks ago and they are accepting order for Gudebrod threads.

Date: August 10, 2011 01:58PM

Guess they are back in business YaHoo

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.reliablehosting.com)
Date: August 10, 2011 02:12PM

Order up a bunch and let us know how much of it you get. Boohoo. Seriously, this is the same story they have used for about three years now.

Posted by: Rob Hale (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: August 10, 2011 03:22PM

Right, I think this is the fourth time they've been back.

Posted by: Alex Kuzmin (---.broadband.corbina.ru)
Date: August 10, 2011 03:22PM

Here's their new website
[www.wel-tec.com]

Date: August 10, 2011 04:09PM

Nope. That's their old one from last year when they had "come back".

Date: August 10, 2011 04:35PM

Ay gee i and a lot like there thread Now ya sound like a bummer

it may be that it was taking a while for the -- workers -- to get started in the production

It is -- The Economy --- Remember no jobs - the dollar not worth a darn ?? Too much REGULATION from OUR Guverment

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: August 10, 2011 05:23PM

No where else will you find grown men posting threads about the disappointment of their favorite Thread not being available. Think about it. LOL

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Date: August 10, 2011 05:42PM

Ya but if it is good --- it is good --- Hope they make the same thing ????

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: John Repaci (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: August 10, 2011 05:49PM

Great, Dave,
Get over it, Guys
Find a replacement!!
TEST, EXPERIMENT, WORK, WORK, WORK!!!

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
John in Wethersfield, CT

Posted by: Steven Franatovich (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: August 10, 2011 06:19PM

What other thread even comes close? I have tried pro wrap and I hate it maybe imjust spoiled. What would ya'll recomend?

Posted by: Scott D parsons (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: August 10, 2011 07:15PM

Steven,
I invite you and everyone else to try our thead it is top quality, Especially our metallics and we also have an excellent color selection.
Thanks
Scott Parsons

Scott Parsons
919-900-8998
[www.roddancer.com]
[www.fishhawkthreads.com]

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: August 10, 2011 07:35PM

I have some Fishhawk and like it. I also like the new ProWrap especially certain colors. I think I have a mix and match as I don't stick with one brand. I like certain colors from different manu's, especially when it comes to red. I recently got really frustrated trying to find a thread that was just plain red.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: Alex Kuzmin (---.broadband.corbina.ru)
Date: August 11, 2011 01:09AM

Hi Scott

I sent you a letter to the email-no reply! Please contact me at my e-mail :[email protected] troutist76@gmail.com

Best regards, Alexandr Kuzmin

[troutist.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2011 01:12AM by Alex Kuzmin.

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.57.100.97.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: August 11, 2011 12:13PM

We invite you to try ProWrap threads. As posted here, thousands of very satisfied rod builders have made the switch from Gudebrod to ProWrap threads. In fact, ProWrap thread has sold over 100,000 spools of thread since its introduction less than a year ago, making ProWrap the #1 selling rod building thread in the world. ProWrap thread is the rod building thread of choice for some of the largest and most respected rod building companies in the world, including G-Loomis, Lamiglass, Seeker, Scott, Sage, Orvis, Black Fin, Crowder and others.

Like anything, switching to a new thread might take some time to get used to or it might require slight adjustments in your techniques. But in development for over a year and rigorously tested by rod builders and rod factories, ProWrap thread is the new standard for rod building thread. ProWrap thread is in stock and ready to ship today!! In fact no one in the world stocks more ready to ship rod building thread than ProWrap.

ProWrap™ thread is available in 139 colors in both Nylon and Color Fast – in three familiar spool sizes – 100yd, 1oz. and 4oz – representing over 860 SKUs of thread in sizes A & D. The 100yd snap spools work perfectly on power wrappers. ProWrap™ thread features strong tensile strength and bright colors that have been pressure dyed for color consistency. ProWrap thread is also available in Metallic Braid and Metallic Twist and soon to be available in exclusive Variegated Metallic, Nylon Twist and Holographic Metallic Twist.

ProWrap thread introduces the "Color Number System"â„¢ or CNS for short, which provides the rod builder the ability to easily identify colors and shades of colors based on their numbering. Pantone colors are also listed for each thread color to make thread selection and coordination simple. ProWrap swatch books are also available with the complete selection of ProWrap thread.

The minimal issues some rod builders experienced with the coiling of the metallic threads has been addressed and corrected. Unlike FishHawk metallic thread, ProWrap metallic thread is available in both A & D sizes and is offered in a wider selection of colors.

For additional information on ProWrap thread, contact American Tackle Company at 800-516-1750 or by email at sales@americantackle.us or purchase ProWrap thread through one of their distributors.

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster