I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

lettering decal options
Posted by: Casey Abell (96.28.123.---)
Date: August 07, 2011 11:01AM

Hey all what options are there for lettering a rod blank. I know you can purchase a typical clear sticker with printing on it. Are there any other options. Seems like I saw somewhere you could get a gold or silver leaf type printing which then would be transferred to the rod blank much the same way you would gold leaf pin striping.... or am I just crazy

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: lettering decal options
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 07, 2011 11:05AM

[rodbuilding.org]

Bill - willierods.com

Date: August 07, 2011 12:38PM

Looks like water slide is it... I didnt realize that the water slide decals were like the decals I used on models as a kid. I imagined them as more of a typical vinyl decal that was positioned with water..

Date: August 07, 2011 05:52PM

Decal Connection has a new Peal and stick decal that has a cover over the printing that after taking the backing off and laying it on the blank you can Rub all you want to get it secure -- then take the covering off

Very nice and no finger prints

Bill - willierods.com

Date: August 08, 2011 11:19AM

My only worry about either the waterslide or p&s are the colors being too opaque. I will be building rods in multiple colors so I dont want to need to have labels on a white background so they show up on a dark rod blank.

Any thoughts or experiences

Date: August 08, 2011 12:00PM

You can have them done in most any color ink

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: rick sodke (---.pmc-sierra.bc.ca)
Date: August 08, 2011 12:57PM

If you are printing them yourself (as I do) you need to put a light colored background on the blank before the waterslide decal, then use a dark background on the decal so that the lettering shows through.
I typically use silver metallic thread as an underwrap to the decal.

Date: August 09, 2011 02:33PM

What printing methods do the companies use to print on the waterslide material. The reason I ask is because there are printing methods which would leave a non transparent print which should show up on any background. This is much different than a typical home ink jet printer.

On that note has anyone tried screen printing their logo etc on the waterslide material. The actual paint/ink should be non transparent.

Also has anyone tried pad printing. This is a process where you etch a logo into a photo sensitive material which then is used to apply a thin layer of paint in the sape of the logo onto a silicone pad... the pad is then pressed onto whatever object you are printing on. I used to use these years ago to apply logos to golf balls.... So the possibilities are endless as to what you can print on...

any thoughts

Date: August 11, 2011 10:30AM

The ones I spoke of are on clear backing

Bill - willierods.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster