I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New
Posted by: Chris mannon (---.mycingular.net)
Date: July 27, 2011 06:52PM

Hello I am Chris from Indiana I would like to start building . Looking at what wrapper I would like to build . And maybe build for others. But would like to see if there is someone building in indiana? Thanks

Chris mannon. Waynetown, Indiana

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New
Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: July 27, 2011 07:27PM

Welcome aboard. I'm in Ohio but there are builders here from Indiana. There are tons of pictures on the equipment photo pages here also. Mine is on there as well as some really fancy ones. We are here to help, so don't be afraid to jump in.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: July 27, 2011 07:53PM

Hello Chris,

Go down to the bottom of this page where it says Control Center, click on edit signature and type in your city and state. This will show up on any post you make on this forum. In turn it will allow any builders in this area to locate you. Also if you have your e-mail hidden you will need to un hide it.

One more thing you can do is go to the Directory, (Click above this page) There may be some builders in your area.

Lastly, (if that is even a word) The Ohio Rod Builders are going to have a gathering in Canton, Ohio on Nov. 5th. We would be glad to have you join us.

Good luck with your adventures.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: July 27, 2011 07:56PM

Yeah, what Bill said.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: July 28, 2011 04:53PM

Welcome Chris! Get ready to get addicted! We carry a full line of wrappers and parts to build your own, feel free to give us a shout, we are here to help in anyway we can.

Tight Lines and Bull's-eyes,

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com
www.facebook.com/GetBitOutdoors

Posted by: Trung Diep (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 29, 2011 01:26AM

Welcome Chris to the addiction. If you planning on building rods for yourself and friends, I would suggest getting a lathe. Getting a good lathe is worth the money in the long run. It will last you forever. Once you get use to the machine, its downhill from there. Most of important is Patience. Alot of great builders on this site and dont be afraid to ask questions.

Trung

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster