I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

EVA trigger grips
Posted by: Ed Fontes (---.mycingular.net)
Date: May 19, 2011 10:18AM

Does anyone know where to get EVA shaped trigger grips to be used on offshore trolling rods? The one dealer that I know of will not sell them because they are exclusive to his rods, I have a customer that insists on these grips, any help would be appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EVA trigger grips
Posted by: Earl Hamilton (121.54.92.---)
Date: May 19, 2011 11:49AM

I had to make mine. Carefully carved on the diagonal cross section from 2" bored block supplied to me by Mudhole. I found their block is quite a bit denser than their round tube type grips. Billy Vivona at Nerbs might like to take up this challenge. I used my eva trigger grips on deep water jigging rods.

Posted by: Joseph Barthelt (---.us-resources.com)
Date: May 19, 2011 02:35PM

Could someone point me to a picture of what you're referring to? I've never seen what I'm hearing described, and it sounds intriguing

-jb

Posted by: Les Stewart (---.rh1.dyn.cm.comporium.net)
Date: May 19, 2011 02:58PM

Try this: [www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: May 20, 2011 09:58AM

Ed,
If the trigger is made from EVA, how can it possibly hold up to the stressess that a typical trigger on a reel seat are subjected without tearing off of the grip?

Roger

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 20, 2011 10:54AM

Are you thinking pistol grips

Like this [www.jannsnetcraft.com]

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2011 10:56AM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: Earl Hamilton (121.54.92.---)
Date: May 20, 2011 11:47AM

I am talking an actual trigger type formation in an Eva grip that is fitted immediatly behind the reel seat. The ones I have made have a shorter fater trigger that you'ld see on an average reel seat, and would be closer to the "trigger" that you find on one of the Fuji palm reel seats that are popular on overhead reel deep jigging rods. It would probably be classed as an "ergonomic" grip and was done to compliment one of the Alps new aluminium single trigger seats that I was using on a 250g jigging rod. Its a support grip and the rest of the grip was carved to fit into my left hand so that it gave more suport within the hand when gripping the rod during the action of jigging. It also assists in reducing torque on the rod grip hand while turning the reel handle. It works very well and reduces fatigue in the hand considerably as well as giving a very firm hold-but it must be made of a hard type of eva and formed to fit your hand you normaly use i.e. left or right hand wind. I don't think it will ever catch on comercially and looks rather odd compared to traditional style grips. By complete coincidence, having had this grip on my rod for about a year, I quite recently had a conversation with Larry Dhalberg of Hunt Big Fish while a recent GT fishing trip we were on in Australia. We disgussed at some length the ergonomics of such a grip when he mentioned to me about a similar grip style he had been experimenting with for the similar benefits. He had not seen my grip, nor have I seen his, but we both agreed that its an improvement on the taditional style, at least in the ergonomics.

Posted by: Ed Fontes (---.mycingular.net)
Date: May 20, 2011 12:08PM

Perhaps I didn 't give enough info, the grip is a foregrip mounted on a standup rod, it is somewhat triangular in shape and has "finger grooves" cut into it,as I stated there is a rod builder that has these grips but will not sell them to other rod builders

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster