I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
High Modulus MHX
Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: April 15, 2011 08:50AM

We are happy to announce the next generation of World Class Rod Blanks are set to debut the last week in April. The High Modulus MHX Series is the new gold standard in rod blanks available to the custom rod builder. Constructed of 57 million modulus 100% graphite. High Modulus MHX blanks are among the lightest and most sensitive rod blanks in the world.

The High Modulus MHX blanks have been undergoing design and prototype testing for over a year. From the beginning, these blanks have been designed and crafted by the best in the rod manufacturing industry and tested by the some of the most experienced fisherman in the world. Take all that talent and back it with a world class value and warranty and the High Modulus MHX blanks have arrived.

MHX ProStaff, seasoned guides and lifelong anglers have been singing their praises! “Best blanks ever produced by any company, ever!”, “super sensitive, responsive and fishable”, “dead on actions”, “extreme high quality and workmanship” , “better than my GLX” are comments received during the design, development and field testing of these blanks.

To save unnecessary weight and increase sensitivity the High Modulus MHX blanks will feature just a plan, buffed carbon finish – no paint or clear coat – this has produced one of the most sensitive blanks available to the custom rod builder.

Like all original MHX blanks, the High Modulus MHX blanks will feature a limited transferable life time warranty, are individually serial numbered, be available only to custom rod builders, application specific, undergo a 7 point quality control program.

PLUS – There’s more! We’re keeping the best part of the High Modulus MHX program “under wraps” until they become available.

Get the latest information on MHX by subscribing to the MHX blog at:
[www.fishmhx.com]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High Modulus MHX
Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.122.31.71.static.ip.windstream.net)
Date: April 15, 2011 09:01AM

I guess I need to clean out the shop to make room for some more rods. I hope the wife doesn't notice.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 15, 2011 09:20AM

PLUS – There’s more! We’re keeping the best part of the High Modulus MHX program “under wraps” until they become available.

Hokey Smokes Batman! = What more can there be? Every single customer has been "over the top pleased" with the MHX rod blanks. It's really hard to imagine better.

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.mercymiami.org)
Date: April 15, 2011 10:07AM

Maybe that new 3M resin Ken?

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Posted by: mike harris (---.cluster-h.websense.net)
Date: April 15, 2011 10:19AM

Very nice blanks, I scored a prototype at the show. It was an MB843 and I built it as a light jig or Texas rig rod, it turned out super light and very sensitive, unfortunately the bite around here lately hasn’t allowed me to take advantage of it, everything we have been catching has been on moving baits. It is a very nice blank, I built it with my normal split CastAway seat and carbon split grips, I used Kigan #3 guides and a Kigan tip. The rod has near perfect balance even with no added balance weight, I didn’t even install the threaded insert for a balancer.

One of the interesting things I found on the prototype was how straight the blank was, maybe a laser could detect the curve but I couldn’t by eye. Since I couldn’t find the straightest axis I put it in my spine finder which is an old motorcycle wheel balancer that supports the blank at 2 places with ball bearings and is super sensitive, I couldn’t find any discernable spine either. I ended up building on what felt like the spine, but it was so slight I could barely feel it. I am glad to heat they are going to leave the clear coat off, that will save me a step, I had to strip the prototype.

I really look forward to using it this summer in night tournaments when the deep Brush Hog bite is on and you can use every bit of sensitivity you can get.

Posted by: Drew Pollock (162.119.68.---)
Date: April 15, 2011 11:37AM

Any fly blanks?

I really like the existing MHx blanks, this should be great.

Drew

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 15, 2011 11:45AM

More fly models will be added later. We appreciate the interest in our MHX product line.

Bob McKamey
bobm@mudhole.com

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: April 15, 2011 12:48PM

Scrim material?

DR

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 15, 2011 07:38PM

The prototypes that were at the ICRBE were fantastic!! Can't wait!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Joe Vanfossen (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: April 15, 2011 09:37PM

I suspect that like the original MHX blanks, the best part lies in the price tag.

Joe

Posted by: Randy Klein (---.sw.res.rr.com)
Date: April 15, 2011 09:52PM

I just made up an MHX CB 843 and was thinking about upgrading an older Rainshadow MAG bass rod I made a few years ago with something lighter and was looking again at the MHX blanks. Any ideas on the percentage weight difference between the older MHX and the new version?
I really like the MHX CB 843.

Posted by: Steve Johnson (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: April 15, 2011 11:31PM

Todd Vivian was nice enough to introduce these to me at the Expo and they felt great. I was able to do a side-by-side comparison with the equivalent regular MHX models and I could feel a difference. I personally think the difference was significant enough to be able to pick the high modulus version by feel without comparing. I've been very happy with the dozen or so different MHX models I've tried and can't imagine that this will be anything but good for the custom builder market. Nice job Mudhole!!

Posted by: Rick Heil (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 16, 2011 09:45AM

I cant wait to see what will be on this new line of blanks, I just finished a SJ842 trout rod for a customer, and I just ordered a MHX Salmon / Steelhead blank for my own personal fishing extension. I went out and test casted this SJ842 spinning build ...I cant believe how far it cast out there with such little weight and effort. The blank came from MHole in a slate finish which was perfect for my finish application! Price and warranty was very enticing as well! MudHole's got a good thing going I hope they stick with it because its helping my business out in a big way with cost for high quality blanks at a reasonable price for us rod builders. Looking forward to the future MudHole so hurry up will ya !

PS .....I think you should have music on your website ....I spend time there it seems of late LOL something with a splash and real winding out from a fish ON ! Dreaming I know ! Perhaps a wish list for XMAS ?

Rick H.

rwheil@msn.com

Website
[www.facebook.com]
[home.comcast.net]

Posted by: Charles Angemeyer (---.tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: April 16, 2011 10:17AM

I laughed when I read your comment about music on Mudhole's website. I always go to youtube in a separate browser, start some music, then browse their site. Funny.
I'm also in love with the MHX blanks!

Posted by: Joel Barnett (---.dsl.dynamic.sonic.net)
Date: April 17, 2011 06:56PM

Very nice.

Here is a question that might sound dumb, but I was wondering where are the MHX blanks made?

Posted by: Steven Garvey (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 17, 2011 09:08PM

I had heard that the MHX blanks were actually made by American Tackle ???

Posted by: John Sams (66.28.139.---)
Date: April 18, 2011 09:52AM

The stickers on the ones I saw said there are made in china. Lots of blanks are made in china now.

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.145.100.97.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: April 18, 2011 11:27PM

Lets see if I can answer a few of these questions while I'm sitting here with my Itunes playing......

There will most likely be some specialty Fly models in the future but to be honest the existing ones are in the 52 million range currently.

The new models are a minimum of 20% lighter than the standard model.

I think there are 15 models on this initial release primarily Mag Bass & Spin Jig models with a Spinner Bait and Drop Shot model also. There are another 15 models following them up very shortly.

The original MHX blanks are made in China............

And these blanks are not built for us by American Tackle

With this new series comes many new possibilities as we are just finishing up the Muskie/Saltwater series and just starting on the new Surf Series, also at the same time adding dozens of new models into each line. I look forward to developing many new application specific models in the near future in each series.

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Rick Heil (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 19, 2011 01:41AM

Great Stuff,

I am also in hopes for some MHX 7 foot class 2pc rods in the Salmon/Steelhead area as well Mr.Vivian. I was on the phone with Gary Gillett the other day and I asked why there wasn't any 7 footers in the line up. I do understand they may not be a call for them in most areas but as you know the Columbia river still harbors some fisherman (and a Salmon run) who like that class of rod in there boats. The Salmon run is ON right now for the Springer's . Frankly I am getting tired of stripping older 7 foot Croix's,LG's and the like and rebuilding them because no one wants to spend that kind of money on the blank and the build all together. I hope we Oregonians don't get left out of the loop here. It would be nice to have a high quality 7 ft class blank for under 100 bucks to go with that build as well. What are your thoughts on this? will we get those as well?

PS .... I just wanted to drop this line in so you won't forget about us Lower Columbian Fisherman here (chuckles) .......

Rick H.

rwheil@msn.com

Website
[www.facebook.com]
[home.comcast.net]

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 19, 2011 01:26PM

Rick -- The MB844-2 MHX may be one to consider.

Bob McKamey
bobm@mudhole.com

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster