I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

I Could use a little Help.
Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 19, 2011 08:31PM

Well my Alligator mouth got me in trouble again. I got a call today from Catherine Miller who is one of the organizers of Day at the Docks, a sweet one day show in the parking lots of the San Diego Sport Fishing Landings. I have often given seminars on subjects like wahoo fishing and of course rod building, usually with great response because I seem to have the gift of gab. Well last week at the FHS I ran into Vick (another one of the hard working organizers of show) we joked around a bit and I asked him if he wanted me to do a seminar this year and he said "Yeah we need more Presenters this year". He asked what I might want to talk on and being the smart *** I am I said "Anything, I can bull **** my way thru any subject" Well Katherine just called my bluff. She challenged me to talk on Fishing being a family affair. Time to put my money where my mouth is. So I come to you for some help. I am thinking a Picture board would be cool. Could you all send me pictures of Husband and Wives, Parents and Children, children alone, Fishing, Building tackle or rods, Children helping with fish cleaning or carrying. Anything that might fit in to that catagory. Send me the pictures full sized, and any suggestions you might have, Names of clubs or anything you think might fit into this subject. Please send them to me at docski377@aol.com This will be a new subject for me but should be a lot of fun. Also if you havent ever been to the Day At the Docks, you might keep it in mind and come watch me make a fool out of myself. It is a really fun affair.

I am trying to give the seminar a National(even International) flavor and hope some of you here might be able to help out even with some really old stuff like B/W of days with your parents and family.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I Could use a little Help.
Posted by: Jim Meallows (---.dhcp.oxfr.ma.charter.com)
Date: March 19, 2011 09:43PM

Doc I just sent you a couple of pics

Date: March 19, 2011 11:52PM

Thanks Jim great pics

Posted by: Tom St.Blanc (---.hlrn.qwest.net)
Date: March 20, 2011 01:39AM

Sent one to ya Doc. Hope you like it.

Tom
Denver, CO

Posted by: Walt Stock (---.dtccom.net)
Date: March 20, 2011 07:54AM

Doc

Sending some now. 4-kids, their spouses, 12-G'kids = let me know if you need more! ;-)

Cheers

Posted by: Jeff Shafer (---.phlapa.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2011 10:00AM

Doc,
Pictures of father/son flyfishing adventure to Yellowstone/Tetons sent.

Good luck,
Jeff

Posted by: Rob Savino (64.251.112.---)
Date: March 20, 2011 11:37AM

Doc, I have tons of family fishing pictures on my web site. Help yourself. [www.cjvictoria.com]
Rob Savino

Boston, MA

Date: March 20, 2011 12:10PM

Thank you all for the pictures. If you think of it please give me some info like who and where. I am getting such a great response from everywhere I am going to make the picture board go the whole length on the seminar stage(at least 20 feet) Now I gotta pull this off keeping a dry eye. Any B/W pictures of the past , say with you and Your parents? This is such a cool project and make me feel like I am getting to know more and more families across the country. Do any of you have links to special sites devoted to Family Fishing. I found one but would like to get a short list for the spectators to check out after the seminar/show.

Posted by: Ray Mazza (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2011 04:46PM

Doc,
Sent you a few of my trip with Laurie to Homer, AK Hope they help!

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2011 04:52PM

Doc,

Good luck it sounds likle fun. I have no pics but I could send a list of adjectives I hear when I tell her to take the fish off the hook herslf.

Just kidding she doesn`t like fishing

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.mercymiami.org)
Date: March 21, 2011 10:16AM

No pics to share, but I have an angle to offer. Most folks can see a dad/grandpa taking a son fishing so that is no biggie. However few can avoid shedding a tear hearing dear old dad talking about fond memories of his little girl sitting in his lap with a cane pole in hand.

We all get a start somewhere and often it is dad. There is something touching about "daddy's little girl". All the better if the daughter can validate the story. Mine doesn't really fish but whenever she vists I am still required to take her fishing. If time doesn't permit then I must cook fresh fish.

Maybe Mark has some "daughter" fishing tales to share???

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Date: March 21, 2011 12:05PM

Thanks everyone. This is really comin together nicely. Russel, you are right on about the little girl angle. Several people have sent some with their daughters. So far no daughters wrapping though and I know that goes on. Got a very tender story about a grown man and his very old Mother in Law. Any of you have leads on sites or family fishing clubs or programs. This will cost a fortune in Photo paper but I really dont care cause it really will be fun. Wish it was inside so I could do a Slide show behind me during the talk.

Posted by: HANK Turner (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: March 22, 2011 09:19AM

Doc. I truly wish I had something to help you with but I know you will do a great job for the program. over the years you have been a fountain of rod bldg. info and help for every one on the forum. keep up the good work.

Posted by: Joe Willsen (---.isp.broadviewnet.net)
Date: March 23, 2011 12:13PM

Pics sent....good luck with your seminar Doc!

Joe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster